Far Cry 5 - Hope springs eternal

Is there any way to advance time? I can’t find one. These nights seem looooong to me.

Hmm, I’ve read of people being able to shoot him down with a mounted gun-- maybe there’s another one around? Or maybe there’s a way to provoke him to come closer by shooting him with a sniper rifle?
On the other hand, Spect’s strategy sounds easier.
What about hijacking a “technical” (a pickup with a mounted .50 caliber machine gun)?

Thanks guys.
So I managed to do it. This mission was some grade A broken bullshit.

The way I did it:

I searched for more stationery machine guns. There is one in Falls End. So I go there. But the fuckhead is still flying kilometer away. So I…

browse the net for 10 minutes on my phone.

Then I notice the yellow BLINKING waypoint (which I had to enable in interface options for this mission, fuck you very much) is getting closer to me.

But the plane is nowhere. Only the blip.

Suddenly, around 200 meters away, the plane materializes out of thin air (LoD systems!).

I still cannot shoot at it, the machine gun cannot be raised in its angle.

Another 5 minutes of net browsing.

Then dear Johnny decides to attack me. So finally he flies at me and I can shoot him! Which I do, he crashes right next to my building.

I get down, and he is lying on the floor next to crashed plane. I loot him. Yellow waypoint still points to him. I proceed with WTFing.

Suddenly, he comes back to life! Like, he literally teleports from lying on the ground to standing and shooting at me, without any animation or anything. He almost kills me!

Fortunately, I manage to run around corner and heal. Then I go back and shoot in in the head a few times. Slow motion…

And touchy cutscene with a nonveiled reference to Trumpet in chief.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH

Oh yeah I tried the pick up with mounted gun. No dice, I was not able to aim at him since he flew too high. But I guess if I had waited 15 minutes maybe it would have worked, like the gun at Falls End did.

Sounds like this game needs a patch or twelve. BTW @Paul_cze if you’re playing the Windows version I hope you weren’t trying to fly with mouse and keyboard, but with a pad/controller.

(Please someone confirm that it supports on the fly switching between input types.)

It does.

Yeah patches would be welcome. Strange that they have not released a single one yet.

I am playing PC version, but on a TV with controller all the way :)
I had no problem controlling the plane, but I had unsolvable problem of exploding about 5 seconds into the dogfight no matter what I did.

Yeah, I was dreading that dogfight mission after reading about it, but, thanks to jank, I finished it in about two minutes.
It started as I was trying to get in the plane and take off. I got shot to pieces before I left the ground, and I’m thinking, “This is going to suck”, but then I respawn in the air, thank you very much!. Then, as I spot the enemy plane and try to get above it, he flies right into me, and we both explode. “Crap”, I say, but then I respawn in the air again, and Seed remains wrecked on the ground. I land and shoot him, dogfight over…

This is just such an embarassingly bad mission/gameplay/saving design…

Just about everything in the scripted story missions are terrible.

I may be the only one that didn’t have trouble w/ the mission. Took off, got behind him, slowed down so he couldn’t constantly circle me, whittled him down w/ the machine gun. Had an issue once where right as he was falling to the earth in a plane that no longer worked, I ‘apparently’ flew out of the area, and it restarted on the ground near another plane. That was annoying. But the same thing worked.

Couldn’t tell you why you keep exploding after takeoff.

Also, can someone at Ubi please add a setting that allows me to turn off picking up dropped weapons when I’m trying to loot or reload? Thanks.

Likewise, but only because the game finished the mission for me when I respawned.So bad. I can’t believe they let this mission through QA.

This. I’m not a game developer but how hard is it to prioritize button presses? Reload → Loot → Gun pickup.

It all went quickly and smoothly for me.

Took off, flew towards him and launched a couple rockets which smashed his health down to near zero, a couple of passes with the guns, he went down and bailed out.

I chased him to the ground and popped him with the pistol. Done!

I could do with less of the ultaviolence in the cut scenes. Man they just ruin the tone for me. Gross.

So annoyed – ran into a mission-breaking bug with Nick Rye.

Brought his plane back to him and the bad guy started attacking, and Nick took off to fight him. I got killed, and after I respawned, Nick was nowhere to be found. I killed the bad guys, and the mission never ended. Now the mission’s not even showing up.

I’m at 100% for that region, but still haven’t done Atonement. Really irritating you can’t reload old saves. Annoyed as it looks like I may never be able to unlock Nick as a companion now.

You’ve gotta fix that somehow, he’s one of my favorites! Reminds me of Generic Drunken Ivan from Mercs 2.

Is anyone talking about the ending yet? I need a support group.

I’ve heard some bad rumors about it. Sounds worse than the Far Cry 3 ending. At least in that one you got to have a bit of fun before…