Far Cry 5 Spoiler Thread

I’ll be the odd person out here and say I enjoyed FC5 more than FC4 (and I really liked most of FC4.) I just finished FC5 this morning, and I have to admit I didn’t see that ending coming. I can understand why the writers decided to end it like that, probably seemed pretty profound and clever to them. (Which reminds me of the movie producer in one of the side missions who talked about his previous life as a Far Cry writer and how terrible it was! ;) )

Hated the forced set pieces, especially the timed shootout obstacle course. But I very much enjoyed the open world exploration, finding some little point of interest tucked away in a non-obvious location, the side kicks, the guns, and I very much enjoyed the co-op play. Some of the prepper stash challenges were pretty good, challenging without being unfair hard. The overall flow was good, the ability to freely go anywhere and choose what to do pretty much at any time: Want to do a little bit of exploring in Faith’s region, then go explore Jacob’s region? Whatever you prefer. I didn’t run into cases of unfair surprise attacks by the wild animals; if you were paying close attention there was almost always some warning first. I liked the way the perks system worked too.

I read the RPS criticism. I wasn’t expecting Witcher 3 in terms of the story. This is a Far Cry. It’s never been about a serious, deep narrative. Far Cry stories are always a relatively shallow affair that serves to provide a background for some enjoyable open world play. Other than the ending, I was fine with the overall story,