Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

Leaked info:

Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.

Sounds like FC6 is set in Tropico!

That’s the second guy from Better Caul Saul to have his face on the front of a Far Cry game.

Do want!

Fingers crossed for Rhea Seehorn in FC7. I’m joking, but you know she’d kill it if somehow she ever had that role.

But for a more conventional villain type, Tony Dalton (Lalo Salamanca) would also be a perfect choice.

Casting Esposito as villain is peak originality. I mean, I really like the actor, but after his recent stints in BCS and The Mandalorian, I’d be fine seeing him in a different role.

What if he’s not the villain?

Or maybe you could be a mercenary hired by this guy to hire more mercenaries (often with cartoonish, outsized personalities), seize mines, liberate villages then train militias to hold them, and eventually overthrow the cruel dictator ruling this land. I mean, she is evil. A driven bitch.

I’m excited to see the hidden “do nothing” speedy ending this time around.

I just hope for a better story. And towers to climb again. :P

Hmm. Feb 18th 2021 release date according to the PSN leak.

That’s 3 weeks before Watchdog Legion. Should be fine :)

This crop of ubigames might be the last gasp of the current gen. It’ll be interesting what the producers of big games do with next gen’s possibilities. Far Cry 7, AC, er 14? seem like where we might get some innovation.

I’m calling it, the player character is going to kill that kid and generate a bunch of controversy for Ubisoft.

Maybe the PC is the kid?

13 I think.

1. AC
  2. AC II
  3. AC Brotherhood
  4. AC Revelations
  5. AC III
  6. AC IV Black Flag
  7. AC Rogue
  8. AC V Unity
  9. AC VI Syndicate
  10. AC Origins
  11. AC Odyssey
  12. AC Valhalla
  13. Next Gen future AC

I guess it depends on if you count AC3: Liberation as one of the mainline games or not.

Right - Freedom’s Cry could also get you there :)

They need a new frame for Far Cry games, every single one is “You go to an isolated country and are a one man army to help the rebels overthrow some bad guy and his lieutenants”.

The stories have all been crap except for the first one. Coincidentally, that’s the only series entry I’ve enjoyed at all.

The original, that had you fighting super mutants on tropical islands?

Yea, but the mutants didn’t show up till way late in the campaign.