Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

Well, Ubi is in turmoil so it is not at all surprising. I suspect it will be hard to get a firm line on any future product timetables for a bit as they churn through all of their issues.

For real. I think they aren’t the only ones in that boat either, right? Isn’t Blizzard going through some crap?

I suspect so, though D4 has been cooking for a while so maybe the impact won’t be as severe? But yeah, the big players, many of them, seem to be in a bit of flux at the moment.

I got to play about an hour on Sunday. I didn’t make it very far into the opening island, but I really enjoyed myself for the hour.

Opening sequence is gorgeous.
Opening escape sequence was fun
Opening boat sequence was great
The first two missions introducing weapons guy and Croc were great.

I’m surprised at how much dialog they stuffed into the mission screen. And it’s compelling dialog! I want to listen to it, but I don’t have all day. But I did feel bad skipping it. I did listen to about 30-90 seconds each time. I wonder how long it goes?

That croc will be your best friend for a large part of the game since he auto-revives, and none of the other pets do. When you do change him out you get benefits from other pets but have to keep an eye on them and revive them when down. If I remember correctly, they will even stay where they were downed and you can go back later on and revive them.

Nah, they wake up and catch up eventually. I liked the stealth assassin cat myself.

As did I, and the second kitty as well. Then again those pets fit my playstyle more.

Also, it was so awesome to be in a setting like the Just Cause games, but this time in first person. It’s just such a better perspective for looking around and taking everything in. God, I wish more games were in first person.

The croc is far and away the most fun, except maybe that damn chicken. The chicken is useless though, while the croc will actually do stuff.

Ghost Recon Wildlands had a very entertaining first person mod…

I personally had the most fun with Boom Boom. His detecting skills were SO useful.

Man, I couldn’t disagree more. Hated the escape sequence (failed it about a dozen times, which didn’t help), and found the opening missions pretty boring. Dropped it after the tobacco/poison burning mission. Far Cry is just not for me.

I honestly didn’t know that was possible. It was super linear with literal blue arrows pointing out exactly where you should go!

It wasn’t not knowing where to go that was the problem, it was getting spotted and shot.

Have you tried it in co-op? IT’s so fun.

Chorizo ftw.

Pro tip: the drone helicopter buggy thing is classified as a helicopter AND a boat so it summonable from both helipads and docks. Love that thing. Don’t do any of the supply drop interceptions without it.

I don’t really do co-op gaming unless it’s something bite-sized like Overcooked.

Wait, what? The flying thing? For real? I thought I could only spawn that sucker on flight summon things.

I believe it’s called The Buzzard? It was likely our most-used vehicle throughout the entire game.