Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

Question because I’ve never tried it, but do the FC games give you the option of using the audio with a different language than the one the OS uses, like the AC games do? Because if that’s the case, I’m going to try that when I buy this on sale whenever. Of course, I hope it gives an option for at least “Latin American Spanish” (too much to hope they’d have Cuban or even Caribbean Spanish) vs. Peninsular because the latter would sound comical in the context.

Thanks! I should switch spoken language to French, German, or Japanese for a really jarring experience, heh. But it’s cool that I can play it in Spanish, although I was watching one stream played in Spanish on Twitch (by a Spanish streamer) where it was clear that someone along the chain had translated an idiom from English literally (I wish I could remember now what it was, but oh well).

True, though they’ve done bigger if not necessarily better. And we know they’ll be able to bump up polygon counts, textures and draw distances without any effort. I’m wondering how the extra CPU cycles will be used, along with better storage.

I started playing AC Unity recently and the crowd sizes are amazing, as are the interiors of places like the Nôtre Dame Cathedral.

I think they actually cut down the crowd size in the first big patch, to deal with performance complaints :) Maybe not on every platform.

I wonder how the Notre Dame repairs have been going. At least it lives on in AC. As someone once said, we’ll always have Paris :)

At least on my PC, it still looked like a bazillion people in front of the Cathedral.

Speaking of allusions to that film, I caught a Simpsons episode from 2008 that alluded to the airport farewell scene between Rick and Ilsa, complete with La Marseillaise playing in the background. :-)

I’m about five hours in and I just realized – they removed all the RPG elements. There are no skill trees or skill ups or bear asses to collect.

What am I supposed to do? Like, what is my drive to keep playing? Because right now I see none.

You collect crafting items and guns, and then use the crafting items to customize the guns. Skills and such primarily come from gear now, which you get from the same special chests as the crafting stuff.

My drive to keep playing was that I really enjoy capturing outposts via stealthily shooting dudes in the head from 1000 feet away.

There are unique weapons–the ones in the crocodile leather cases–you can find in certain locations. Other weapons you get from FND chests, rewards, or purchase, and as @stusser says, you upgrade your guns using mats you get from loot.

For me the draw is, yeah, the combat itself, as well as advancing the story (such as it is). The bad guys get meaner as you go farther in the story, and you get directed to different areas of the country. It’s about on par with FC 5; I never found the skills/perks that compelling, and here you can carry four guns from the get-go at least.

If it’s bear asses or nothing, you might as well quit.

Some smart developer should make a bear ass collector sim and make all the money.

They did! A small indy dev made a little game called World of Warcraft. I’m sure you’ve never heard of it.

I don’t think that really counts since, while collecting bear asses is vital in WoW and a huge part of the gameplay, it’s not the sole aim of the game/ sim.

Right; there are also Goretusk livers to collect!

I am glad - at least so far - they got rid of the chests that would hold a cigar, a video tape, and other worthless stuff. I realized in past FCs there was no need to explore cave, etc. because the chests held nothing interesting at all.

FC6 just didn’t mix it up for me. I uninstalled (and ditched Ubi+) pretty much right in the middle of it, having taken big chunks out of two of the faction missions and working on the third. I’ve just played FC too many times, I think.

I hadn’t really registered before but it seems like the Far Crys are single biome settings, while the last two Ghost Recons are ‘multi biome’. Makes a big difference in a series where the worlds are the stars.

I agree, though I’m torn on whether one biome done in depth is better or worse than multiple biomes done well but perhaps not as intensely. Aurora or whatever the Breakpoint place is called has some great variety, but I’m not sure that each individual region is as well thought out and executed as, say, Montana or Yara.

Wildlands might be the best of the bunch overall though.

I was just telling my kid that the last 5 years I’ve played hundreds of games but rarely play them very long……except the FC series. I just enjoy these to no end. Thought I was not going to enjoy this one as much but I’ve been playing well over 25 hours now and can see playing it as much as possible going forward.

Something about it being not too hard core but just fun. So much to do and explore. My favorite game series of all time over Zeldas and AS:Creed, Mario’s…although I did love the Ultima games way back when.

FC forever.