Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

I tried to play this for a while with waypoints turned off. Which made some of the photograph searches kind of cool. But there were other quests that were almost literally unplayable, so I turned the waypoints back on, at which point I don’t think the photographs ever mattered one whit. I just followed waypoints on my HUD and map.

-Tom

Am I playing icons-off mode? Aha :)

Unlike Breakpoint, where icons-off is doable, the quests/missions in FC 6 are way too specific I think. You end up having to be led by the nose.

I’m confused. There is at least one mission - where you’re looking for someone’s kids - that there are no waypoints to follow until you get close to the are on the photo. Other missions that use that ‘find this location in the photo’ thing - yeah, there seems to be a waypoint you can just follow. But not that mission.

I think it’s meant to be one that you do while exploring and roaming around, sort of emphasizing how widely-spread his progeny are on the island or something.

Well his kids will just have to live on in ignorance. They’ll be fine.

The one and only letter delivery that I made in that quest certainly confirms your statement.

It’s an interesting quest because in a Skyrim or a Gothic I might be able to identify a location from a picture, because the geography and settlements are varied. But FC6 is like the opposite of that.

Played a mission (in co-op) yesterday where we had to get a rooster egg and destroy all the other eggs. As a consequence, we were constantly attacked by roosters. I cannot stress enough how much I enjoyed Dani’s vocal responses to that! The ‘Fuck you rooster! FUCK you!!’ and ‘I am SO sick of birds!!’ were so heartfelt that it was absolutely hilarious!
I had no idea that adding voice to a character would improve the game so much…

Oh, yeah, 1000 times this. Dani is funny and the vocal barks are really entertaining nearly all of the time.

Isn’t Far Cry 6 coming out this year?

Oh, wait, it already came out, didn’t it? I played it, I lost interest, I uninstalled it, and now I’ve already forgotten about it. So it’s time to play “How much can the DLC help?” The first chunk of DLC is a rogue-like mode narrated by Michael Mando:

November 16th. At which point everyone will playing Battlefield and no one will care?

-Tom

Wait, who was Vaas again? I can’t remember. I had a fun time with it, but also uninstalled as soon as I won. I’ll undoubtedly play it again at some point as I do with all of these games, but I’m not sure one DLC will make me fire it up again.

Just one of Ubisoft’s many indistinguishable raving lunatic villains. He’s the main villain from Far Cry 3, but I think Vaas’ bigger claim to fame is that the voice actor is one of the series leads on Better Call Saul.

-Tom

There should be a club for this. Few AAA!!! SPECTACULAR!!! games bore me to the point where I just uninstall them without undue rancor. Ubi has done this three times in a row to me with Watch Dogs Legion, AssCreed Vahalla, and now FC6. So dull, so rehashed.

Ok, Legion left me cold, and FC 6 was a fun diversion, but not something I wanted to keep around on the drive. But Valhalla? Man, to me that is about as far from dull and rehashed as you can get, but YMMV of course. That’s still on my system.

I picked this back up again since a friend just got it and we’re playing his gave via co-op. Man it’s fun this way!

That being said, the one Co-Op special operations missions, Mesozoico, is just god awful. It’s the one where you retrieve the PG-240X and have to get it back to the start … without it blowing up. My buddy and I both spent hours on that fucking mission last night before just giving up after multiple rounds of heavy cursing on discord. The entire first half of the mission … easy. Get to the main building, take out everyone including the one with the passkey. Get the stuff. Then comes the frustration. The timer of the PG-240X getting too hot is very quick, even using shade. You end up having to run and gun between water spots on the map. Which is made more difficult by … forced spawning of enemies as soon as you hit one of those water spots. Instead of 2-3 guys you passed on the way, it’s 2-3 guys when you roll in, and about 10 or more spawning right behind you as soon as you do. That leads to intense firefights, many man-down situations needing to be revived, getting riddled with bullets while cooling the unit off, getting tossed around like a rag doll from all the RPG using guards, stepping on and tripping booby traps or proximity mines that weren’t there on your way to get the PG-240X but suddly span in now, etc, etc, etc. And each watering hole spawns more guards trying to prevent your escape. We made it to the steps going out exactly twice and both times the timer on the weapon ran out so we both died. I died more attempting that with my buddy than the entire rest of my FC6 gaming time.

That mission can blow a diseased goat. Never doing that one again.

Ha ha, you played one of the co-op scenarios in Far Cry 6!

-Tom

P.S. Just a reminder that “ha ha, you did [insert thing here]” is almost always an expression of solidarity.

Vaas was the only interesting far cry villain. He did the “the definition of insanity “ monologue. I think the story kills him off and replaces him with a boring big bad.

NOW I remember Vaas. I particularly remember the situation in FC3 that caused me to shelve it until long after FC4 came out, before I went back and finally finished it. The one where he tosses you in to an underwater cave and you have to escape from that and then make your way through his camp under constant fire. I tried that a zillion times my first go through and gave up in disgust. Later, when I came back to the game, my Far Cry-fu had improved enough I was able to get through it.