Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

Do any of them do anything different? That was the only one I played. It’s not hard solo, until the end at least.

I think they are all different. We’ll be trying the others this weekend. I hope to god they are different. I’m not sure how it bases the difficulty. All I know is it kept ramping up each waterhole on the way back. So much so that the last two were just nuts, shots hitting you from seemingly every direction, etc.

Oh, did I mention the mongooses? The fuck, Ubisoft. Coop is supposed to be fun.

Oh for sure, we were there man! Is that the same scenario you guys tried? What got me is I loved the theme park setting, that was great. The execution of the second half of it was, like @TheWombat said, everything you hate about the FC series rolled up into one. If they had added a dream sequence where you lost control it would have been complete.

I only did one of those missions (solo) and had the same experience. Sneaking up and popping heads is fun, running back to the entrance while dudes constantly spawn while having to stay in the shade, not so much.

I did that Dinosaur park mission solo and thought it was fine, apart from the ending when there were a LOT of enemies so I had to do it twice or thrice. But the savepoint was close so it wasn’t too bad.

I also tried this one in co-op, but we ended up failing so many times we had to stop for the day. When we started again the day after, we were no longer on the mission. So we just left it for another day (perhaps).
The point is: if a savepoint was close by (or even: if there were any savepoints!), it would be doable. At least you get a feeling of progress then, and when you finally tackle a difficult waterhole, you know you don’t have to do that again. But instead, we kept going back to the starting point of taking the PG-240X out of the container, again and again and again. Also: they should stop the respawning after a while, so you can take a breather, fix yourself another drink and then plan the route to the next waterhole. We are old ffs, give us some room!

I do like Far Cry 6, in co-op anyway. But I do have issues with the map (why can’t I zoom in further, why does it take ages to load?), and especially in co-op: you can’t see yourself moving on the map, so our trusted routine of one driving/flying and the other one looking at the map and giving directions (rally-like) isn’t an option. I’m pretty sure that was possible in Far Cry5, so why take it out???

Also: I find that there isn’t all that much to do, or at least it is not clear where there is something to do. In FC 5, just wandering around would cause you to bump into all sorts of missions, outposts, races… In FC6, for some reason, this doesn’t seem to work. There are huge bits of nothing, villages where there is nothing to do or see, some military installations that you just cannot clear because of endless reinforcements, then more nothing. So we just do missions, which are fun, but still… Just driving and flying around to see what we can find isn’t working so far.

Final gripe, or more a question: we started in the area on the lower left, and are lvl 6 now (yes, we are slow, as I said: we’re old and have limited time…). When are we supposed to go to another area? Will the story tell us to do so at some point? Do we just skip the story and drive there? What’s the best way to do this?

Whoa … maybe we’re missing that. When we were failing we kept going back to the point where you get the PG-240X. So … roughly starting back at the point where it gets hard. Do you remember if your save point put you closer to the entrance on the return trip?

For sure it’s a blast. Hell, unlike in solo, we live for the times when it all goes to hell. Also unlike solo, the stealth approach is harder to coordinate so I’ve started to learn how to run/gun/supremo for objectives, along with my teammate.

Start going to caches together or trying activities together. If you need to crank up the action at any point, it’s similar to FC5, you’ll have more fun near bases, checkpoints, etc. Shoot down a helo/plane/tank and I guarantee you that a higher wanted level will get your blood pumping. An example of fun for us was taking out the named crocodile and that area. Listening to my buddy run away while screaming like a little girl is a good gaming memory I have now.

My buddy was doing this and I took the older FC5 approach and in my game had gone to each of the three starter areas on the island. I convinced him to do the same in his game and it opens the map WAAAAAY up since you’ve got three full areas of things to explore.

Grab a boat and boat over to the starting area for each of the three stating groups. Then do enough of the missions to open the base for each one, that really opens things up.

I think so but I may be completely misremembering…it is very hazy.

Certainly hope he got his bonus from FC6. Not saying they wouldn’t but we’ve seen shenanigans from other publishers like that.

The Chickarron amigo quest might be the best Far Cry that I’ve ever Far Cried. OMG that was so funny.

That’s one messed-up cock!

After the quests he’s a mediocre amigo though.

I love how violent he is but damn if he’s not made of glass.

Thanks for the suggestions, will try tomorrow! And yeah, we also missed that savepoint. Or perhaps we didn’t get far enough to reach it…

The fuck??? Are they crossing the streams?

I dunno. That looks too much like the ‘training’ sequence in FC5 up in the mountains where the end result is you killing the head of the rebels in the North. Have to wait and see if this one is worth playing.

Looks like all three DLCs are throwbacks. No clue what they are all about but I would have just enjoyed another medium sized island.

Probably too late for most people here, but Title Update 3 just dropped. It includes this change:

• Made several adjustments to reduce the instances where HUD elements would be blocked or hidden, e.g., when changing region.

Noted. I’m still in the multiplayer run with my buddy. Not sure if this is something we were bothered by but would love for them to make the map more viewable anyway.

That is a good change. I love air-dropping and often change boundaries in the process.