Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

What @BrianRubin said. It’s doable but hard.

When trying to not trigger alarms I went with either of the kitty pets, two different sniper guns, both with the 3rd tier silencer, one for each ammo type. Also a good bow and a silenced pistol.

There is a clothing item that gives more gun ammo for ya with sniper rifles. If you want to be less all-in, you can also just go with a single sniper rifle with armor piercing ammo but you’re going to need to headshot anything without heavy armor. Either way, shoot, move, pull back, go back, shoot, move, etc. As Wombat mentioned, it’s cheesing the AI a bit.

The godawful problem with all that is the damn alarms. One spooked guy you miss behind the corner will run over and turn one on, and some of them cannot be disabled by shooting. Personally I think that’s horse shit. Sooooo, stealth mode kinda sucks.

Assassin’s Creed Oddyssey had better stealth play than this game and that’s saying something.

If you like planning stealth attacks, Horizon Zero Dawn’s next game, Horizon Forbidden West is about to come out. The first one featured some good stealth moments.

I’ll tell y’all our stealth game has really gone up since we got Boom Boom upgraded to tag enemies. Zoom in with your phone, send in Boom Boom and watch the magic happen.

I don’t have Boom Boom unlocked yet, but I can tell you that after looking him up, I’ll never take that guy into battle, ever! I’m not a fan of the amigos, simply because I feel bad if they go down. Hell, I took Chorizo into that ridiculous assassination mission that you get early on and I didn’t realize that he’d gone down while I was planting the 2nd set of explosives. I was on my third set when I saw the First Aid icon on the screen and I had to high-tail it back to his location and revive him. I sent him back to camp immediately, poor guy. No dog left behind!

I just installed a gadget on my Supremo that is a proximity grenade. It does a decent job of tagging enemies, but I don’t think it does cameras.

Ohhhh Boom Boom is pretty tough and it takes a lot to take him down. This is unlike Chicharron who is essentially made of glass.

I’ll tell you one thing, for all of the options under the Accessibility menu, they should have one for animal lover. I hate having to put down enemy dogs, even though they’re attempting to maim me.

God yeah I totally get that. I hate shooting the puppies and try to avoid doing so whenever possible.

They should have made pet auto-revive a skill as well instead of just giving it to the one amigo. That way it wouldn’t be such a pain when your pet goes down, as an example, in the middle of a huge blaze or explosion, and you’re unable to help them in any way and have to listen to multiple minutes of little yelps.

I didn’t use the amigos much initially, I felt like they were breaking my mission to be stealthy. Then I came to terms with the designers wanted us to be more open in the missions and subsequently I think I have most of the skills unlocked for the amigos except for Chorizo. Boom Boom’s tagging is awesome, for sure.

Dude, I shit you not, I rescued Boom Boom from the crate and as we were walking back to my car, he got run over by a truck. I revived him and then dismissed him.

Well fuck he got run over by a truck. Not sure any amigo would survive that one.

Haha! No, I realize that. It just all happened so fast and I was like, “Son of a bitch! Go home, poor boy!”

Oh hhahahah okay that I get.

I swear, it felt like a Simpsons episode.

“Come on, boy. You can come with me.”
“BARK BARK!!!”
walk 20 paces
HONNNNNK! THUMP!

Boom Boom (Boomer) is my fav…I have lots of dogs and he’s my go to in FC6. He is a lot better than most of those pets. But, yea, shooting dogs in the game, or any game, is not fun.

Yeah it makes you hate the humans more because they trained the poor dogs to be this way.

It was a weird step to go from human and animal companions in FC5 and New Dawn to just animals. Seemed like a regression to me. I would have doubled down on companion dialog and actions.

Unless I’m misremembering :)

Please no one used the humans in FC5, everyone went for Cheeseburger, and rightly so. ;)

I didn’t - I went for old lady sniper and young lady archer :)

Oh man you missed out. ;)

I’m reminded here of that great early episode where Homer attempts to pull an Evel Knievel over the Springfield Gorge, and of course fails miserably. Then the ambulance comes and…

I did as well - There is more stealth in that game, than in any newer AC games.