Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

Man, I’d like the exact opposite of this. I’d like to retain control of everything I’ve liberated and not have to worry about the post-game Insurgency BS.

Really? When would you actually want to use anything other than AP ammo? I guess the green crazy mist ammo could be fun to play around with, but it’s not the optimal choice.

The soft-target ammo took down animals and un-helmeted dudes so much faster.

True, useful for big named animals in particular. For unhelmeted guys, I guess that makes sense if you don’t prefer to pop heads from 1000 feet away; the AP ammo is required to cancel out dropoff at distance.

This does bring me back to my original complaint about the ammo, which is that this was a solved issue in Far Cry 5 because it gave you the ability to switch ammo on the fly through the weapon wheel at launch. It’s so dang weird and typical of Ubisoft to roll backwards on that for the next game, then have to cobble in the previous game’s solution anyway when enough people complain.

Decided to install this on my PC during the free weekend. Was having a great time, until the game told me it disconnected from Ubisoft, then dumped me back to the title screen right in the middle of my game.

Seriously?

Is there a “fix” for this?

I think that means you can optionally reset them, so you can take them again if you want?

Assuming you might have spotty internet, you can select, “go offline,” on the Ubisoft launcher.

However, understand they have had issues with the latest NVidia cards more than once since release, they have an update and suddenly more crashes by 3000 series NVidia players. Try the latest driver, etc. And if not, check out reddit for suggestions because like stated, they’ve had this issue before, and corrected it before, with their own updates.

I didn’t know the Ubi launcher had an offline mode, I’ll try it!

I have a 3070ti and it’s not the latest driver, so I’ll try that too.

Edit: Hmm there doesn’t seem to be a “go offline” option, maybe because it’s a free weekend trial copy and Ubi doesn’t want me to go offline with a game I haven’t paid for.

Edit2: I found the “go offline” option, game won’t run in that mode

The FC6 free weekend was pretty disappointing for me. In addition to the rude disconnection, the game managed to give me a BSOD, even after updating nvidia drivers. I was close to shelling out $30 for the game, but now I’m not so sure.

I was enjoying the game in a sense that it’s like putting on a comfortable pair of sneakers. It’s not much different from previous FC games, so I know what to expect and how the gameplay loop works. The intro did an excellent job of presenting the antagonist and giving my character a sense of purpose.

I did accidently machete a horse instead of mounting him once. The “perform this action” key in Cyberpunk is “F”, in this game it’s “E”, so memory muscle kicked in there. Whoops.

It’s pretty fun co-op playing and an easy game to log in solo and do a few things or clear a few points, etc.

I played the crap out of it with my friend though and burned out a bit. You might want some comment from someone that finished it entirely.

We’ve got maybe 40+ hours in it in co-op and are having a blast with it.

I’m sure I’ll eventually pick it up. The blue screen of death spooked me a bit (never had that happen on this gaming rig I built three years ago) but maybe that was a one-off.

This is having a free play weekend, starting today.

So I might check it out. I just want to explore the place where it’s set, so I hope the opening missions get out of my way pretty quick and let me into the open world.

They do. Typical to the Far Cry series you’re in a limited area initially (starter island.) Even still, you get through a lot of the initial stuff fairly quickly and even move on from that island in a play session or two. At that point it opens up to (again similar to others in the series) three areas that have missions and unlocks within their own area. You can very easily just attack guard shacks/outposts until your blue in the face, then skip back to story stuff, or any mix of the two. Each of the three areas also has missions to unlock additional help, specific weapons, etc. Also fortunately, the story missions are decent this time around, providing some variation of gameplay while being short enough and not railroaded so much that it feels too much like FC5.

A difference this time around are variations of ammo and weapon upgrade unlocks. Sadly, you can just play the game just upgrading the weapons you start with and that’s almost as good of an approach as trying to get all the rare weapons/unlocks. So, don’t think missing a weapon will hold you back here. Just configure/upgrade them to your play style. Also, when in doubt, use whichever ammo you have equipped but go for headshots on targets that don’t match your ammo. Headshots are kills the majority of the time no matter the ammo.

Love the Far Cry games… nothing beats running and gunning in this game. The most gratifyng thing is clearing bases . I dont understand why it is gratifying… it just is.

Some of the weapons are awesome once fully upgraded.

I liked the Nepal Far cry the best (Far cry 3 or 4 i think)? Then Far cry 5 and then Far cry 6.

Great games all around.

I played all the older Far Cry games too… all of them except Primal.

Any word on a Far cry 7 ? Also…wtf are these games call ‘Far Cry’?

Well, Ubi is in turmoil so it is not at all surprising. I suspect it will be hard to get a firm line on any future product timetables for a bit as they churn through all of their issues.

For real. I think they aren’t the only ones in that boat either, right? Isn’t Blizzard going through some crap?

I suspect so, though D4 has been cooking for a while so maybe the impact won’t be as severe? But yeah, the big players, many of them, seem to be in a bit of flux at the moment.