Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

Now that was a good vehicle :)

Is there a way to turn off insurgencies yet?

Wait. What?

The three throwaway DLCs must have sold well enough for a fourth one. Maybe it’s a roguelike flashback to Far Cry 2 where you play as The Jackal with malaria and all, I feel like that would make Tom happy.

Anyway, I feel like I’m pretty good on Far Cry for at least another year. Every 2-3 years I get the urge to effortlessly pop heads at 500 feet and the latest FC fills that hole in my spirit.

$30 for another DLC to Far Cry 6 is a bold move.

Whut?

I find it hard to believe that somewhere out there there were people saying to themselves, “damn, what I really want to listen to now is an audiobook about the Yaran revolution!”

I’d listen to it.

Heh, ok, I can actually see how it might be kind of interesting. If I had nothing else pressing I suppose.

I actually had a blast with this game but missed a lot of areas and didn’t do any of the post-game stuff (resurgences?). Is it worth continuing?

Wait, it’s just an audio program/podcast, not an actual expansion with gameplay? Oookay.

Yup. Rise of the Revolution is just some kind of audio prequel series. Basically, Giancarlo getting paid some more.

We still don’t have any details on what the Lost Between Worlds expansion/DLC will be.

The game itself is fairly solid, and worth playing through a few times I think.

We finally have DLC info. $20 launches Dec 6.

Free update stuff out now:

Shoot red and blue enemies with red and blue bullets! IGN like it overall though. They like the overall semi-rogue structure.

Hahahaha! Literally 7 out of 10.

$20 seems optimistic, especially since the Valhalla roguery was free.

This seems a bit weird, as for me the Far Cry games are more about the setting and how the formula interacts with the specific game world for that iteration of the series. The pure mechanics are pretty much generic (if well executed) shooter stuff, and the world mechanics depend a lot on the straight-up main story context.

Oh hey, that was last time they did a free preview weekend. It’s free again this weekend, so if I get some time, I’d like to jump back in and continue.

Looks like all the DLC is on sale @ the Ubishop.

Any of the FC6 dlc good?

I am installing the base game now that I finally have some free time.

I am assuming the 65GB+ texture pack is not worth it?