Far Cry: New Dawn - It's Far Cry 5.5

Far Cry Primal was better than it had any right to be. Looking forward to seeing what this might be.

I apologize, I am on my phone and can’t really look at the video, is this the rumored post-apocalypse Far Cry?

Most likely based on the trailer, just talks about howling winds while showing a nuclear blast then eventually saying the blue sky came back and they were hopeful about the future - BUT WERE WRONG OF COURSE, EVERYTHING GOES TO SHIT yada yada.

I enjoyed FC5 apart from its horrendously bad storyline and its design but I don’t have it in me to be excited for another reskin.

I am playing through FC5 now and I like the idea of another post apoclypse game, especially after playing through Far Cry Primal recently on survival mode. But I have never played through a FC game and thought, hey, I need more content!

Primal was the best so far of the modern FC games because survival mode made you work harder for your resources and extended the enjoyment I got out of their game systems. That’s what I really want, a leveling and character building system that is more closely aligned with the massive amounts of content to see. If I am not leveling up or growing I am bored and just want to finish the game.

I really enjoyed this mod of Fallout 4 when it was .99 something, really need to check out the new versions. It was already a massive mod, looks like the dev never quit working on it. But it made exploring every nook and cranny of the world much more fun and basically necessary.

Maybe it’s Far Cry Royale? There are two people on the cover…

Oh, so it’s Far Cry 5 after the apocalypse ending? Clever!

Ok, never bought Far Cry 5 because of “too much the same” but I like PA so this looks pretty cool. Far Cry a la Fallout is attractive to me. I might pick this up.

Maybe all the Far Cry games are set in the same universe, but at different times!

What if Fallout, but you could shoot good?

This is for @Telefrog !

giphy

BOOOOOOOM!

Far Cry New Dawn releases Feb 15th ; $40 USD

Looks like Rage 2 with all the pink.

… and where’s the PC version?

Never played the series, but gotta love a crossbow that shoots circular saw blades.

Unreal Tournament can never die.

Just realised AC Odyssey attempts to seduce Elder Scrolls fans and this is Ubisoft batting their eyelashes at the Fallout? Rage? markets. Bethesda might be tugging at their collars nervously about now :)

I hope Cheeseburger made it through the apocalypse.

Hope they don’t use the exact same map like Primal. It’s an eleven month dev time, assuming they didn’t have a separate team working on it.

I never understood the big deal with Primal though. The world looked completely different even if it had a similar layout and no one even noticed until someone put images of the two maps overlaid on top of each other.

I don’t why they wouldn’t use the same map. It’s even supposed to be the same place.

According to the Eurogamer preview, it is the same map.

So yeah, I guess that’s Ubi’s strategy now. Every 3-4 years, a major Far Cry release, then a year later a rehash of the same game, same map, different setting.