Far Cry: New Dawn - It's Far Cry 5.5

Supply drops always spawn the crate around 100m away from you, so they’re super easy to intercept. I often get to shoot the Highwaymen turning up after I’ve already looted it.

As I’m sitting at work this morning I was humming Hold On, I’m Coming and realized it was because I heard it in Far Cry. Strangely, New Dawn has an eclectic but decent number of good tracks in it.

Ooh, cool.Have to try that…

Damn right it does. Duke duke duke , duke duke duke, Duke of EARL…

Finished up the story. Overall my 2nd favorite Far Cry. I disliked the Lou and Mikey fight, it just felt lazy, I was sad they didn’t give them a cool new location to have the fight at. Anyway as it was mentioned above if you have maxed out your companions to elite, Horatio becomes the mvp of the entire game. :p

SPOILERS for the last 2 missions…

I killed Mickey and then eventually also Joseph , after all the shit I went through in FC5 and now New Dawn, they both deserved to die.

I killed Mickey, largely because it wasn’t totally clear I had the option not to, but I would have anyhow. Despite their poor upbringing, they were so soaked in blood and savagery that it was like putting down a rabid dog. Joseph, though, I was cruel to. I let the fucker live with his guilt. Hearing him scream “Release me!” over and over again as I walked away was worth it.

Sooo. I’m trying to make the call to finish or not. But right now, this far in the game I JUST NOW learned you can upgrade both guns, and you can upgrade some perks multiple times.

Honestly I have no idea how I missed seeing the “Upgrade” while in the menus, but once I had the guns and skills I just ignored that stuff nearly entirely. I guess the good news is I have a ton of perk points and resources to spend on upgrades.

Thanks for pointing that out! I’d also missed the multiple perk thing until now. I’m probably about halfway through, so it’s a good time to become aware of it.

Don’t seen any weapon upgrade function beyond the 3 levels (4 if you include elite), I assume you meant that, right?

Once you get the elite-level weapons. you can upgrade them individually for extra damage. But you can only do that w/ elite-level weapons.

I had no idea.

They desperately wanted to avoid the problem endemic to every previous far cry game since 3, where you can get the best weapons in the game a couple hours in and then basically never upgrade ever again. FC:ND is all about offering a progression path.

I could have sworn I had one blue level weapon I could upgrade as well, but yeah it was mostly just the elites I was playing with anyway.

There aren’t many perks to upgrade but surely ammo, breath, and the general single skill for the recharge speed of the perks you get after going north. Very worth it. Hell I’m carrying 100’s of ammo now and able to sprint and use the sniper scope for a hell of a long time.

Confirmed, it looks like even level 2 weapons can be upgraded. That might help with a strategy to defeat the toughest mode if any of you are doing that.

Wow, this is already available for 50% off on Steam. Twenty bucks is pretty tempting but I’m still working my way through Far Cry 5.

TOO MANY GAMES

I am a wee bit pissed it’s already discounted so much. Not even 4 weeks after release. Guess my own fault for buying at release. Lesson learned.

I grabbed it at the discount and am enjoying it immensely, so much better than 5. I hope they learn from this game for the inevitable Far Cry 6.

Ok I played coop with me as host and we did the carrier expedition and the Nana mission. But when I played single player both of those were not done. Is that the way it is supposed to be? Nana’s Sniper challenges were tough enough with my sniper companion in coop, and the carrier mission was tough in coop. I’d hate to have to redo those with just Carmina or the Pastor as my companion.

If i recall correctly, I think the carrier mission has to be done twice.

Nana unlocked for me the first time, but playing solo.

Ok I see that it gives credit for the carrier mission but there’s a second level. For Nana it appears I have credit for finishing her mission but had to talk to her again.

Now - how do I assign a target to a companion? I don’t see that option through my scope or binoculars.

I think I’d prefer to just play the whole game with my coop buddy to be honest. It’s great in coop, kinda meh in single player IMO.

There are I think three levels to each of the Expeditions, giving progressively better loot but harder challenges. Or something. You don’t have to do any of them more than once, I don’t think, if you don’t want to, but I found I needed the raw materials.

Finally got around to starting this. All of the positive FC5 qualities with few of the negatives so far. There’s something soothing about just running around the map taking care of business. Violently.

I’m almost loath to advance the story because it might change things. It seems there’s a lot of criticism of the story, but for me, the enjoyment of FC5 and New Dawn is in the characters you meet and adventure with. Love the writing for them, with the possible exception of Nana, who is pushing the crazy old lady thing pretty damn hard. Less talk, more rock, Nana.