Far Cry: New Dawn - It's Far Cry 5.5

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t even realize I had access to those eden powers! I got the superman mode and upgraded the refresh rate of the power 2 times and the fight was pretty easy. I didn’t need the tier 3 or elite weapons - just punched them to death.

And done. The final battle was pretty hectic, but once I got my method down it wasn’t too bad.

I think this was one of my more liked Far Cry games as I finished it. Primal is good too which has a completely different feel - but I didn’t even finish that one. I’d still say Primal was ‘better’ as it just felt good.

I’m glad I didn’t have to grind to get the base completely upgraded, or get the materials to create elite weapons. I did craft some after i finished because I had earned enough of those coins.

Horatio is a beast and is pretty much easy mode. I finished up with him. I also wanted to see what a level 3 outpost was like so I did that. I pretty much just turned Horatio lose - which didn’t cause them to go for the alarms. Then I just went and disabled the alarms. There was only one enemy left by that time and Horatio had him occupied so I walked up behind him and did a takedown.

It was about the right length. The final battles were not great, especially if you don’t take advantage of some of the tools at your disposal. I was ready to quit before @Synth pointed out that I am supposed to have some powers - which I had missed.

I can’t quite remember, but I think you get an eden power that amps damage up a lot. I think it was something like go into super sayan mode and then a rocket launcher to the face, or maybe it was a shotgun or something that did a lot of damage. Thats all I can really remember.

For the 2nd chick, it was just hide till my powers recharged and then went super sayan on her, and it was about just as quick.

At the 3 hour 30 minute mark, I am surprisingly enamored with this game. I just love that I started towards a goal (Black lung mine), and encountered about 5 different sidequests along the way. And each of them was varied and quite fun. By the time I actually got to Black Lung Mine, the game felt more like a Fallout game to me than a Far Cry game. Only with much better animations. Much better shooting. And vehicles. And a companion who is actually badass. And weapons that actually kick ass. And similar to Fallout, there’s lots of environmental story telling with notes and audiologs.

I’m really digging this. This is a big surprise.

I ended up liking the story of this game. I like how it ended with Joseph Seed as well.

I probably finished about half of FC5, so I knew enough about the characters to get what happened in New Dawn. I enjoyed the New Dawn story much more than other FC games. The twins did do some annoying things though.

Man, this game is really good. I can’t believe that in this big open world, just how much variety they have in each treasure hunt and in each little mission or various doodaads around the map. None of it feels generic so far.

Also, I got Prosperity upgraded to level 2 last night, and I loved that this triggered a response from the bad guys, finally. That makes a lot of sense considering what I’ve been doing. I didn’t think I did enough yet that it would get noticed, but I guess I have! I matter!

Anyway, I love the whole upgrading Prosperity aspect of the game, it’s a much better version of what Fallout 4 was trying to do with rebuilding civilization after the bomb.

Yep, I also enjoyed it, if anything I wish there were more than 3 levels of upgrades for the camp.

Got this for 5 bucks from Epic and have exactly the same view as Rock8! I think a big part of the fun I’m having is due to staying mostly on foot, rather than scooting through the world on wheels the way I did in FC5.

I had stopped playing when my Uplay+ subscription ran out, and I was going to continue my game one day whenever I picked up Uplay+ next. But this 5 bucks from Epic thing, this might be a better option. That hadn’t occurred to me. Thanks!

5 bucks? I had to pay 8 euros!

I planned to skip it but at that price, eh what the hell. And it’s not bad. Gunplay is super satisfying, expeditions are great idea, it plays nicely.

After Far Cry Primal, its my favorite Ubisoft game.

I’m excited, we just finished Far Cry 5 in co-op and are gonna do the DLC, then dive into this! Can’t wait!

I have a feeling it was $15 in their sale, then they do those $10 coupons on top… so that might not still be true :/ Sorry :)

I did the same to pick up Watchdogs 2 for $8 I think. Not bad deals!

Oh, I see, the sale ended on Thursday. I thought it was on through the weekend. Oh well. I’ll get it in the next sale, no worries.

Finito. Fun game, although I am glad I waited a year and FC5 was not too fresh. Story is usual ubisoft mediocrity. They desperately need new writers.
Everything else was pretty good. Especially liked the expeditions missions. Good idea pretty well executed.

Just wrapping it up, thought it was great. Imagine my joy on finally trying a helicopter to re(?)discover Carmina will cheerfully pilot the thing wherever you tell her. Not super well, but still :)

I just bought this during the Xbox not-E3 sale since I’m playing Far Cry 5 right now and am really enjoying it.

My question is - should I jump directly into New Dawn after completing Far Cry 5? Or should I give it a little space first?

I remember reading that New Dawn has a ton of stashes that are fun to discover so I’m mainly looking forward to those.

I recall taking a week or two break in between, but New Dawn was enough of a change to make it feel slightly fresh, while still more of the same. :)

I played FC5 on release and very much had enough, but now two years later I enjoyed New Dawn a lot. I don’t think you want to wait two years but I would probably play couple other games in between. Unless you can’t get enough of FC5’s gameplay, since New Dawn is so similar and on the same (albeit modified) map.