Far Cry Primal - In prehistoric eras, they still had towers to climb

I can, but the offer is limited to Latin America.

You can also get it for free by preordering The Division 2 :)

This was on sale for $5 in the Epic Games Store sale, so I got it.

I started a game on Survivor, normal difficulty, Second chance permadeath.

About 2 hours into the game so far, I got to talk to my animal spirit thanks to a shaman. I’m really liking this game so far. It’s so beautiful. I really love that all the game mechanics so far are consistent with a pre-historic setting. I almost got killed by wolves once, or, come to think of it, I think I did get killed by them and I’m on my second chance right now. It feels like a dangerous world out there.

I want to play this but … it is male only right? I mean the protagonist? No cave-woman?

(it irks me to even ask)

To be honest, I don’t remember ever even seeing the protagonist. I’m sure he was a dude, but as far as I can recall, his identity was a non-issue to the story and gameplay. Maybe during spirit quests he talked or something? I don’t recall.

-Tom

Yes it’s dude only. He is referred to by his name all the time so there’s pretty much no customisation of the main character apart from picking abilities in the skill trees.

I am not playing a hairy man through a primevil forest. Sounds like a great survival game (and I know you know what that is bat) but the smell… ugggh,

Gosh when I think on it that sounded reverse sexist… oh sry guys.

It’s really not that bad. To show you the other side of the coin, to me it felt like playing Alien: Isolation, where you play as a premade female engineer. It did not reduce my enjoyment of the game in any way and I did not even think about the character’s gender as I made my way through Sevastopol.

I think Far Cry Primal has probably the best story/gameplay synergy of all Far Cry games. It’s really good if you have any interest at all in survival focused games, and leverages stealth better than some pure stealth games. I can’t recommend it enough.

Umm , don’t you play as Ripley’s daughter in Alien Isolation?

Yes? That was my point, you play as a premade character that cannot be customized.

I also picked this up from the Epic Store for $5 on a sale. I am a fan of the Far Cry series and completed Fay Cry 2, 3, 4 and 5. I was having quite a bit of fun with Primal for quite a while, but the game eventually just became too difficult. After failing two of the important later missions a double digit number of times each, I rage uninstalled. I did not find any of the other Far Cry titles that I played to ramp up in difficulty like this one. I had maximally upgraded all the weapons, tamed one of the Uber animals and unlocked most of the combat-related skill trees except for the tree I couldn’t unlock because I could not win the mission that unlocks it.

Bah.

Awe man, Primal remains my favorite FC.

What mission where you struggling with , to get the skill tree unlocked?

The one where you have to capture one of the opposing tribes forts and leader (trying not to be spoiler-y)

Hmm I do recall them being challenging, was it the one with the guy inside a cave standing on top of a small cliff, lots of stealth was required on that particular mission.

Yep. Tried it a large number of times, both with and without my Uber pet, because that animal ratted me out very quickly.

I never played this game but it’s on sale for $5 again. I know it has a lot of praise around here for the survival mode they added later.

Was anything else improved? Survival just doesn’t sound like my cup of tea, but if the game in non-survival mode still got to an interesting place I’d be tempted.

Or if you’re not playing Survival is it still just the same Far Cry formula as FC3–5?

Well, moved back to the stone age. I liked it pre-survival. And the Uplay trial will let you give it a spin for a week :)

It is the best Far Cry. Full stop.

Not familiar with the Survival mode, but the base game was obviously similar to the FC formula, but also included the base building from Ass Creed (3?) where you collect followers who each bring bonuses to your skills.

Overall highly recommendable!

Replace guns with bow and spears, jeeps with tigers.