Far Cry Primal - In prehistoric eras, they still had towers to climb

Two words: terror birds.

TRIGGER ALERT

<eye twitching>Cliff… Racers…</eye twitching>

You guys need to think beyond guns. The real question is how they will structure the game without a disembodied voice over a flawless radio network urging you on and telling you what to do.

I’ve got my money on a spirit guide.

conch shells and strings made from animal tendons.

They could recover the animal totem motiff they had going in Far Cry 3 with the tattoos. Now the tattoo of the animal talk to you!

I agree that one of the biggest negatives on the FC series is the complete lack of mystery and surprise and reward for exploring. Any other open world game, you find a hidden cave entrance and it’s a moment of excitement. You wonder, what will be in the cave? Will there be some interesting backstory? And what kind of cool treasure/reward will I find?

In the FC world I find myself pretty blase about finding a cave or building. There will be boxes with a cigar or a plastic idol or an x-rated video or whatever 20 items they choose to populate all of the chests and boxes, etc. with.

I partially agree with you, but what rewards can they put in there in a (nearly) loot-less game? If you recall they do have story journals. FC4 had the journals of Ajay’s father, and some other journals from a British explorer. They could have have had more, I suppose, but combined I think it was like 30-35 journals to read.

And the serial killer!

Maybe in this one there will be extremely tall prehistoric trees here and there that you have to climb. Cause, they have to have towers of some kind.

One of my favorite parts of FC4 was using the Buzzer mini-shopper to fly over to a tower and land on the top so I didn’t have to climb the tower. ;)

For those that still haven’t played Far Cry 2, it is now $2.49 on Steam. Skip one of your Pumpkin Spice Lattes with extra whip and enjoy the best Far Cry to date.

-Todd

I’m not climbing any more fucking towers, in any game. Find a new way to ungrey the map, like finding a cartographer or something.

Or going there…

I don’t believe the tower thing started until Farcry 3. Actually I don’t recall having to uncover the map at all in FC2. But seriously folks FC2 is one of the best shooters ever and worth every cent even to just check it out. The UI alone is worth the price of admission.

Well it started with AC, I’m pretty sure. FC3 was probably the first time it spread to other Ubi games.

That’s why I loved the mini chopper in FC4. Once I found that, I never climbed another tower. Just flew to the top level, landed, hopped out and hit the panel, then back into the chopper and off we go.

How can they have a journal if this was before writing was invented? :)

Every time I see one of these “FC2 best game ever” posts I have to pinch myself to see if I’m dreaming (or more like having a nightmare). Checkpoints that respawn instantly as soon as you move at least 15 meters away single handedly ruin the game to the point where it can’t be salvaged.

Strange, because I loved the inhospitable world that Far Cry 2 offered. Guns jamming, malaria in firefights, and constant war. It was a creation of beauty. I don’t want to deny you your map cleanup titles though. Being a janitor has its own rewards.

-Todd

It’s not about cleaning the map. Have we played the same game? You drive to a checkpoint, there are about 15 bad dudes there with guns and jeeps ready to chase you. You hop out of the car, clear the outpost and resume driving. Before you even get to second gear they’ve already respawned and saddled up to chase you. Not even 10 seconds ago they were all dead!