Fargo the TV miniseries

That’s how I read it, yeah. Particularly when the Russian showed up(and presumably died) there.

This was the best episode of the season for me so far. Not because of the supernatural stuff, but because they can do a bit like that once(or twice?) and then drop it(like the UFO last season).

I’m also watching Twin Peaks S3, which is almost wall-to-wall supernatural weirdness, so this seemed pleasantly restrained by (this probably unfair)comparison.

I have to get back to this series. I got hooked on American Gods and strayed a bit.

The 9th episode was pretty bleak. I hope it ends tonight in a satisfying way. Really did not anticipate how this season evolved.

It ended perfectly, in the only way it could. But when art holds the mirror up to life, satisfaction isn’t necessarily in the cards.

That’s a good answer.

Don’t agree. Love the show, and this season had its high points for sure, but easily the worst of the 3 seasons.

I’d agree this was the weakest season, though I really enjoyed it. I’m spoiled by this golden age I suppose.

Yep this season was significantly weaker, which is a shame because I expected season with Carrie Coon must be the best one, right ?

Best episode was the one in LA with “I can help” robot.

it was still a good TV, but unlike first two seasons this one didn’t leave any impact. Thewlis is superduper creepy/sleazy and plays it perfectly, but for some reason I was bored with him. The opposite of Lorne Malvo.

I was going to write the same thing!

“I can help!” Loved that poor bastard.

There was something wonderfully melancholic about him (and that whole episode). Really loved that.

I really liked the first few episodes but the “I can help” robot one was where they started to lose me. I enjoyed the story of the little dude but what in the hell did it have to do with anything else? They completely lost me during the BL, bowling alley shout out. Oh so clever and oh so boring. By the end of the season I really didn’t care about any of the characters and just wanted to see how it ended (for which I was rewarded, getting to see Carrie Coon with dark hair! God she’s gorgeous.)

I’ve read on the internets that this might be the last season of the show and given the quality of this season I have no problem with that.

Fargo is best tv, even when it isn’t. The crossbow scene in episode umm == 8? is classic. FYI it is a season that gets better towards the end.

Here’s one. The police mom lady lies in bed awake before muttering “okay” (or something similar) and getting out of bed to go do something in the middle of the night. It happens twice in the exact same way in No Country and also twice in the first season of Fargo.

That’s odd, I’d say season 3 was the best of the three seasons. And by far the most Coen-y, approaching critical Barton Fink levels. Not that season 1 and 2 were bad at all, they were quite good in their own way. But season 3 was some considerably next level shit. They didn’t just turn it up to 11, they broke the damn dial.

I appreciated the overarching russian themes throughout season 3. When they pulled in Billy Bob narrating the orchestral Peter and the Wolf characters, I was like fuuuuck they are really going balls out here. Thematically speaking.

Confirmed back for season four. Set in 1950, about warring black and Italian Kansas City crime families.

That sounds potentially great. Hopefully it lands same quality as first and second seasons.

I’m pretty excited for this. As much as the third season was a little weaker, it was still pretty enjoyable. I just got done binge watching Legion, and really like Noah Hawley’s style.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Fargo back when it first aired, but got sidetracked and never returned to it until a week or so ago. I’ve watched the whole first season and the first episode of the second. This is one of my favorite shows now. This is my favorite shot of the whole first season:

“Deaf Fella” perfectly encapsulates the humor of the film. And season 2 starts out genius, though it’s hard to be sympathetic to any Jesse Plemons character after watching Breaking Bad.

First two seasons are masterpiece. So much better than the overhyped True Detective (yes I went there).
Third one was fairly good too, but I did feel a bit of exhaustion of the material.

Great, now I want to watch the whole series through a third time.