Farming Simulator 22: This time it's seasonal

It’s not immediately clear how to do it. To reset you have to go to the main map, select the icon on the map until the item pops up in a window. Then ‘reset’ is an option at the bottom which returns it to the shop.

Aha! Great tip, thanks both.

This is my first game and I have a lot of things turned off, including weeding, snow, AI traffic, crop destruction, and one other item I can’t remember. Those take a lot of the frustration out. You can also disable seasons, which still lets you see the leaves change and fall, but allows you to vary the crop cycle a bit. It sounds like you’ve played before but you can turn off a lot of the annoying stuff just the same.

Also you only have to plow when the game says so, main map, select soil composition and see if it’s red, indicating the need to plow. Otherwise that cultivator (a lighter turning of the dirt) is perfectly fine after harvesting and to prep for seeding.

There are some seeders that do a combination, like the Pottinger that cultivates, seeds and applies 50% fertilizer. That’s probably the hardest thing for me is not knowing what the tools do and not understanding some of them are multi-tools and some are not.

The descriptions in the shop do (usually) specify, but I’m not finding it as clear as in previous games. Possibly because of all the new field states and the ambiguity around what they actually mean. I just saw a Reddit post which claimed that after extensive testing, it seems that mulching just once applies a permanent bonus, even persisting though ploughing, which otherwise generally resets everything. If true, that seems like a bug, but who knows!

It would be nice if it had a format of:

Gives cultivated status
Gives seeded status (with seeds)
Gives fertilized status (with solid fertilizer)

I know that’s probably asking too much but yeah, some of them are vague. I had to watch a video to understand that a -grass- roller will give fertilized status on existing grass and reset the growing condition. But only a grass roller, not a stone roller.

It actually kind of does the second and third ones, though not explicitly. The first one is given in the text description, but doesn’t have any iconography associated with it, which would be helpful.

I think I watched the same grassland care video as you yesterday.

Ya know, I usually play games with default (gameplay) settings, from a kind of “this is how it was intended” mindset. But I might just take your advice on this one, especially with regard to the mental AI traffic.

I don’t think I knew this, so thank you!

Yep, this kind of thing is what caused me to stop playing FS19. It has improved somewhat for FS22 but it’s not a solved problem yet.

I would definitely switch off traffic, as it messes with the AI workers. But personally I would keep weeding on, as it gives you something to do while the crops grow and the equipment isn’t expensive or slow.

Agreed, I will leave weeding on. I like weeding; the core of why I enjoy these games is it’s relaxing to go up and down my lines on the fields listening to the radio, so weeding is no big deal. Especially with a small farm like mine. That one I weeded earlier still has weeds though, so I’m guessing I need to use a herbicide as well?

Sounds like it. Generally speaking, the mechanical weeders only work at the first stage of growth, and if you miss that you have to use herbicide. Things are complicated a bit by shallow cultivation (things like disc harrows), which seem to require herbicide even if you do mechanical weeding at the first opportunity, though I haven’t tested that extensively.

Why is it I can master all the intricacies of IFR flight but farming kicks my arse? :(

Oh and thanks again, I’ll buy some herbicide and give it a go.

It helped a lot. One item not mentioned is you can sell bulk silage/hay/grass/straw to the animal dealer, you can sell bulk silage to the biogas plant. You can only sell wrapped bales of any type to the animal dealer.

That’s not true on Elm Creek at least. You can dump bales in the drop off. I saw another video suggesting you can’t do that with placeable biogas plants though.

I wasn’t able to, but then again, it was the first and only time I’ve dropped off at the biogas plant. If there is some way to do so though I would be VERY interested. The biogas plant frequently offers much more for silage.

I tried the bales on the trailers, the bales off the trailer, the bales off the trailer with wrapping removed, none worked. Unless the two drop off points are different (the two large U shaped concrete areas.)

I’ll post screenshots in a minute. You can dump them in the green skips or the ramped area next to them

If you can make me more money with that I’ll name my 14th kid at the farm in your name.

Screenshots are refusing to upload for some reason. Will try again later today. It’s the dump point(s) right by the southern entrance. You can either put them in the green skips directly, or just leave them on the ramp beside them, even though that bit isn’t marked with the dump icon.

Dumb question, but are you sure you’re using the biogas plant and not the biomass energy?

I’m new to this game so all my questions are dumb. But I think you’re on to something here? I’ll drive my pickup over there for a screenshot.

Please ignore, testing image uploads in this specific thread.

Maybe you’re haunted. Are you currently sitting in the environs of a native American burial ground? Did you insult a gypsy?