Farming Simulator 22: This time it's seasonal

I wasn’t able to, but then again, it was the first and only time I’ve dropped off at the biogas plant. If there is some way to do so though I would be VERY interested. The biogas plant frequently offers much more for silage.

I tried the bales on the trailers, the bales off the trailer, the bales off the trailer with wrapping removed, none worked. Unless the two drop off points are different (the two large U shaped concrete areas.)

I’ll post screenshots in a minute. You can dump them in the green skips or the ramped area next to them

If you can make me more money with that I’ll name my 14th kid at the farm in your name.

Screenshots are refusing to upload for some reason. Will try again later today. It’s the dump point(s) right by the southern entrance. You can either put them in the green skips directly, or just leave them on the ramp beside them, even though that bit isn’t marked with the dump icon.

Dumb question, but are you sure you’re using the biogas plant and not the biomass energy?

I’m new to this game so all my questions are dumb. But I think you’re on to something here? I’ll drive my pickup over there for a screenshot.

Please ignore, testing image uploads in this specific thread.

Maybe you’re haunted. Are you currently sitting in the environs of a native American burial ground? Did you insult a gypsy?

Shrug, worked fine as you. I used Chrome too.

I just disabled the composer media optimizer. Does it work now?

@Ginger_Yellow this is where I went to drop off Silage. The two bays I was talking about are the large concrete U shapes just to the right of and behind this pic:

Right in front of you is where you can drop off bales. I don’t think you can use the bunkers unless you buy the facility.

Aargh, the New Holland forage harvester was on sale, but between my harvests so I didn’t have enough cash on hand to buy it. I really should clear some of my loan so that I can stretch for things like that.

Finally caved and bought this. Hit a wall in the initial tutorial, after it directed me to harvest a small field and then stopped prompting me to do anything altogether. Guess I’ll go search down some youtubes or something.

Welcome!!! Mrsealyp on YouTube helped me a lot, as well as several others. To be frank, Giants software should have more video based stuff on their site, though the Academy writeups aren’t bad so far.

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArticle.php?news_id=280

Re MrSealyP, for learning the very basics, it might be an idea to watch his FS19 videos instead. For one, I imagine he has at least one aimed at absolute beginners. But mainly because a lot of his FS22 “guides” at the this stage are more explorations of a feature , where he’s learning along with the viewer, than authoritative tutorials

Yeah, there was another YouTuber I now remember I watched for how to begin. There are a ton of them though so that leaves me without a name to recommend, I just don’t remember them all.

Mentioned to my coworker/teammate that I’ve started playing Farming Simulator, knowing his family owns a farming business. I got a dissertation on just how big the family business was. If you’ve ever eaten yellow/gold variety potatoes in North America, chances are they were from his family’s farm. They are that big. TONS of gear, equipment, temp/humidity monitored buildings, sorting, grading, packaging, etc. I guess the saddest thing he told me is that as one of three boys and 6 kids in the family, he didn’t want to pursue the family business at all. Farming is hard, harder still is keeping a family business going. His two other brothers are in it now but who knows what the future holds.

Not that it is terribly interesting but:
Heimbuch Potatoes

Many of the store brands from supermarket and larger wholesale stores are their potatoes marketed under a store brand.

My silage monster. I’ve never had much success with the silage working tools in FS, so I was pleased to see a dedicated tractor in FS22. It’s not perfect, but it’s vastly better than doing it with tools.

Apart from a heavy Fastrac, and maybe a couple of trailers, this is going to be my last big equipment purchase until I get a permanent forage harvester. Mainly I need to acquire a couple more fields and rearrange my crops so that my sugar fields are next to the sugar mill and my corn field(s) are next to the silage bunkers. I’m spending way too much time ferrying stuff around in October and November.

Also, it turns out the augur wagon does work with the forage harvester, but it won’t automatically pipe stuff into another trailer like a harvester will, which makes it much less useful than I was hoping, but still better than constantly unhooking a trailer.

Speaking of monsters, I love this windrower, it’s like an attack fleet.