Farming Vader: MMA vs. MMO

Title Farming Vader: MMA vs. MMO
Author Rudy Basso
Posted in Features
When January 20, 2012

"We need another DPS," my brother, Alex, tells me, as he wraps his hands. We're at our local mixed martial arts gym. That was the deal we had made - I would help him run his Star Wars: The Old Republic guild, but he had to start taking classes with me..

Read the full article

Loved this, made me remember those articles from Tom from many many years ago. What were they called....

What a great article. Totally nailed the Shoot Club house style. Thanks. I'm really looking forward to more of these.

I don't mean this at all as a criticism of you, Rudy, or the article, but, to me, nothing exemplifies the way MMOs shatter game immersion more vividly than the use of 'DPS' as a noun.

Shoot Club ++
Nice work!

He ain't heavy, he's my MMOMMA playa bro'!

Made me think of Shoot Club too, right off the bat. Well done AND medium rare, nice to have something else to look forward to on Fridays.

Yeah this made me go looking for the old Shoot Club stuff and re-read a lot of them. I miss Trevor!

Here's the ones from the Escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.co...

And here's a link to some that don't look like they're in the Escapist collection. Is there a better working link for these, Tom?
webcache.googleusercontent.com...

Good stuff, makes me want to play an MMO again just hearing that there are still competent players out there. End game raiding in a competent guild is probably the most fun thing to ever happen in an MMO, which is why I left WoW when it became so dumbed down after WotLK

Ha, Definitely.

Haha, funny. Makes me want to go back and play Diablo 2.