Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw

I bet my mom would watch it if it was 1am and she couldn’t sleep.

Statham, the Rock and Idris Alba? This could be stupid fun.

I don’t know what moms tell there sons about the guys they are into, but I assure you these three are on a short list for not a small number of ladies. This looks fun though, so I just hope it touches on the stupid and doesn’t fully naked dive into it.

Who is this Idris Alba you guys keep talking about?

Heh. It’s a slightly unusual name. I’m sure he’d forgive anyone who screwed it up.

This will end up being the first Fast & Furious movie I will see. None of the others looked interesting to me, but I loved this trailer.

Also for Statham fans, if you haven’t seen it, I recommend Chaos (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402910/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2)

Just coming here to say this. Yeah, it will be a first for me as well. I don’t get the car thing. But super bad guys, sure, sign me up.

Haven’t bothered to see the last couple F&F movies but I might actually check this one out.

You guys.

You. Guys.

It’s funny how they managed to make Shaw one of the good guys. This is despite the fact that when they introduced him, he was revealed to have been the one to kill one of the beloved characters.

Everyone loves a redemption story.

People love Jason Statham even moreso.

Still looks like silly fun. I’m there.

The only way to make that trailer more FUCK YEAH AMERICA would have been to add a bald eagle dropping an exploding bible on a Corvette.

Dude. They can’t show all of the good parts in the trailer!

I remain convinced that while Endgame may prove more cathartic for viewers who’ve been waiting, H&S will be a far, far better summer action film.

Jason Statham and Idris Elba are both British how dare you.

If by better you mean even more ridiculous than people, raccoons and plants running around with super powers, destroying and saving the universe… sure.

Not necessarily more ridiculous (although certainly more tongue in cheek); I just think it’ll be more fun and entertaining. I’ll love them both to bits, but I’m betting I walk out of H&S with a bigger smile on my face.

I can barely tolerate most of the Fast and Furious movies. This feels different though, so I think I will find this entertaining at least.

\o/

This latest iteration of the Fast and Furious franchise is unexpectedly fun, spinning off characters played by Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham from the seventh and eighth films. It gives us a fair bit of gonzo action, a hair-raising London chase scene, some transatlantic alpha-male squabbling, a cheerfully silly plot MacGuffin – and for the first two thirds the whole thing hums like a hi-tech top. The movie is a bit overextended, and the action runs out of steam in the final battle, but it delivers some bangs and laughs for your buck.