• Clarence
  • The Simpsons
  • Archer
  • Bordertown
  • Sanjay & Craig
  • Venture Brothers
  • Rick & Morty
  • SpongeBob

…yes 90% of what I watch on tv is cartoons. I need lighter material to take my mind off stuff.

Well, let’s see:

• Octonauts
  • Paw Patrol
  • Blaze and the Monster Machines
  • Shimmer and Shine
  • Miles from Tomorrowland
  • Powerpuff Girls

Yes, in fact I do share a household with two small children. Why do you ask?

Ricky and Morty can be pretty dark sometimes, I’m not sure it counts as lighter material!

I know it’s still early in the thread, but no love for Steven Universe yet? It’s amazing.

And Astro Boy holds up brilliantly. 2.5yo introduced to it a few days ago and not only does he love it, it is nostalgic for me to boot!

Steven Universe is the only cartoon I watch.

Need to add Adventure Time as well. So deliciously weird.

My collection of Max Fleischer Superman cartoons

BoJack Horseman is must see TV (Netflix).

I forgot about Bojack! So I do watch a cartoon that isn’t for kids after all.

I just finished Young Justice my own self. SO GOOD. I guess the only current cartoon I watch is Star Wars: Rebels, but I know there are others I need to see.

I do regularly put on stuff like Batman: The Animated Series or Under the Red Hood or Justice League, however.

Still waiting for a complete series set of Batman: The Brave and The Bold. C’mon!

the new Danger Mouse.

Star Trek the animated series. I like it.

Bob’s Burgers
Rick and Morty
Archer
Venture Bros

What I record and then maybe just delete:

Simpsons
American Dad

For kids, Wander over Yonder is not the worst show. It’s done by Craig McCracken (Powerpuff Girls) and his wife Lauren Faust (MLP: FiM). It has a very manic, classic Looney Tunes kind of feel to it.

Our kids aren’t quite old enough for most TV cartoons, so it’s mostly the 2d Disney movies on repeat.

I was just made aware that apparently Warner Brothers had actually released several remastered Looney Tunes collections on Blu-ray a few years ago. I ordered all three volumes and have been giddy as hell watching them again. True classics.

This may sound odd, but even as a little kid I had a hard time watching the violence in Looney Tunes. There was no reason for me in my generation to think there was anything wrong with the fun violence therein, but I was always turned off by it. Maybe it had to do with being sick a lot and averse to pain, I’m not sure. I also felt super bad for Wiley Coyote. I wanted to catch and roast some chickens up for him so he could eat some good meals and not have to be so hungry, scraggly, and thin anymore. Maybe I have an over-empathy problem if I was taking looney tunes so seriously.

Jeff, definitely check out Steven Universe if you haven’t. It’s mostly characterized by warmth and gentleness, combined with some goofy comedy, and some unexpected maturity. It also packs a surprising amount of lore and world building in there. Definitely the best Western cartoon currently running. (IMO, that title was Adventure Time for a while, but it’s become increasingly unfocused recently).

Rick And Morty, Archer, Venture Brothers, Bob’s Burgers, Bojack Horseman. Still quite far behind on Adventure Time.

Say what now?

They rebooted it about a year ago. It’s pretty good, for a kids’ show. Not good enough for me to watch it on the regular though.

Oh wow, there’s a new Danger Mouse? Is it as good as the old one? And, where and when does it show?

Though I must admit, I actually liked Bananaman and PowderedToast Man as much, probably.