Favorite cartoons you currently watch

The thing with Steven Universe is if you only watch the first 3 episodes, say, you may come away with the impression that this is all silly kid stuff – fun for kids, but not much there. If you stay with it just a bit longer you begin to see the vast narrative arc underlying the series.

Oh wow, there’s a new Danger Mouse? Is it as good as the old one? And, where and when does it show?

Not quite as good, no, but nearly. It airs on the BBC here, but the first season is on US Netflix.

Just started getting into Steven Universe. Really great!

Hulu has through season 6 of Adventure time, and… The 2nd half of season 6 kind of lost me. It got too self-referential with guest voice actors and plots not involving Finn+Jake.

Is Steven Universe available anywhere VPN-accessible? Last time I checked it wasn’t, but that’s a while back now (whenever the iOS game came out).

I have been watching it on Hulu +

Only television 'toon I’ve watched for the last few years is Avatar and Korra, and I’ve rewatched both multiple times.

We just purchased cable tv after only watching on Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime for the past three years. I was able to get everything for the same price as my internet so it was a no brainer.

The funny thing is I keep finding myself watching Tom & Jerry! :)

Also started to watch Gravity Falls after hearing about it here on QT3 but unfortunately I wanted to start watching this at the first episode and have no idea how to find the first season on one of the channels.

I’m like Pogue Mahone . I have a two year old so my cartoons consist of Peppa Pig and Wally Kazam.

I’ve watched a variety of Gravity Falls episodes with nieces and nephews and that was quite engaging.

I still watch Little Bear here and there which was the toddler show back when my kids were at that age. Funny thing is they will often sit with me to watch it too.

Thanks for the heads up on Stephan Universe. Really scratches that Adventure Time itch.

Yea thanks for that. I’m so happy to have another toon to add to my repertoire.

Wait wait wait. There’s a new Danger Mouse? Holy shit! I have to track this down.

Also: There’s a Star Trek animated series? I’m not sure how I feel about that. Is it the original crew? If so who voices Spock?

I think he means the cartoon from the 70s. Which I haven’t watched since, you know, the 70s. Might be fun catching up with that one, actually …

Yeah, are they referring to a new star trek animated series? The old one was quite good, it stars all the original cast and is basically like watching TOS, but without the limitations of practical effects.

Anyway, quick rundown of stuff you should watch:
Batman The Animated Series (The Bruce Timm one, don’t bother with anything else)
Superman (same)
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited <– so good
Young Justice
Steven Universe
Adventure Time
Star Wars the Clone Wars
Star Wars Rebels
Rick and Morty
Archer
Bob’s Burgers,
Futurama
There a host of Marvel shows that range from alright to terrible. The all CG Ironman one is, not great, but I like the art.
Not sure if the old Spider-man shows hold up – Ultimate Spiderman season 1 wasn’t awful, but it goes downhill.

Gravity Falls, Venture Bros, Archer, Adventure Time, Rick & Morty. Too bad Gravity Fall was cancelled, though they did wrap everything up nicely.

I now need to checkout Steven Universe, BoJack Horseman, and Bob’s Burgers thanks to this thread though looking at stills from each is not very appealing. Then again neither was Adventure Time.

My son loves Thomas & Jerry, but he refuses to call him Tom for some reason.

I now need to checkout Steven Universe, BoJack Horseman, and Bob’s Burgers thanks to this thread though looking at stills from each is not very appealing. Then again neither was Adventure Time.

None of these are spectacularly animated. It’s all about the writing.

Batman Brave and the Bold ::drops mic::

I’ve been impatiently waiting for the next Rick & Morty season and thought I’d ask since it feels like forever since there’s been a new episode. Looked it up instead and found this: https://www.facebook.com/RickandMorty

June 7

That looks like the Season 2 DVD release date? Aka not season 3?

I didn’t think Season 3 was going to be until 2017.