Favorite NPC barks

More work?

Work, work.

Black Flag had some great Barques

my interest in xenoblade chronicles is 90% based on the british voice acting and my interest in the voice acting is 100% reyn.

That’s a good one and I love that Mega64 video! “Come back any toime!” “Hehehe”.

@WhollySchmidt that made laugh out loud.

No no, the real stars of STALKER were:

And:

Basically anything the witch hunter says is pure gold.

Speaking of which, the barks from Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines always stuck in my mind, particularly the Irish guy’s: “Oim comin’!” “Comin’!” “Comin’ over!”. Not an NPC, I know.

An old favourite:

@Guap, you need this. I return to it often because the sound design in L4D was sooo bloody good.

Oh I almost forgot: (specifically the Sligs and Glukkons):

Yeah, I don’t remember enough but I recall it being hilarious.

FUS RO DAH!

Ok not technically a NPC Bark, but NPCs do say it.

OK, here’s a good one from Bulletstorm -

“Cheese it! It’s the cops!”

That sounds like the Libyan demolition truck from Red Alert 2. The Cubans had a terrorist (suicide bomber) as their unique unit, so the two probably got blurred in your memory.

Personally, Company of Heroes is pretty much the gold standard for unit audio. There is such a completely absurd amount of voice work in that game it’s basically unbelievable. The American sniper alone has over 27 minutes of context-sensitive audio for clicks, orders, production, status updates and general banter buried in the game files, and that’s one unit out of dozens.

The critters from the Triumph Studio’s Overlord games.

“Trrreeeeeaaasssuuurree…”

Also, there are those pedestrians in GTA 4 that yell out “cheesy vagina!” if you run into them. Kind of distracting.

Sorry if this was brought up before, but everything in Warcraft 2:

Oh man cheesy vagina from GTA IV is a classic. Gross.

I remember when the protagonist from GTA:San Andreas would do something cool, he’d yell out his own name. “C.J.!”

Here’s to us!

Not sure if this counts:

“Get back here you taffer!”
-Watch, Thief: The Dark Project

Who’s like us?

Baldur’s Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast: As you arrive to Durlag’s Tower, Ike the tour guide says:

“There’s a sucker born every minute, and you are right on time.”

Daaaamn few!

DiNicolo, Williams, weapons and ammo