Favorite song from the Guitar Hero series?

Too many songs I now like after playing them in the GH series, Take Me Out, Iron Man, Woman, Bark At The Moon, Carry on My WayWardSon, is a short list for me. I already know from playing Rock Band that Wanted Dead or Alive is going to be on this list as well.

There are so many good ones, that we (Jr. and me) have played over and over again. But forced to pick a few, it would eventually boil down to Ace of Spades, Godzilla and John the Fisherman, I think.

I’m really looking forward to the arrival of GH3 and Rock Band in Europe. I’m more than ready to add to my favorites list.

Beast and the Harlot
Carry on my wayward son
more than a feeling
jon the fisherman

Take It Off, Hey You, and Jon the Fisherman.

More than a Feeling gets my vote for “most surprisingly fun to play” song.

Most of GH1. Hell, almost all of GH1. The only one I can think of that I don’t like to play on GH1 is Higher Ground. I hate that chicky-picky psuedo white boy funk.

GH2 is a different story.

I have GH3, but I haven’t played it yet, since it’s an early Xmas present, same with GH 80’s.

i like most of the ones that are kinda slow.

Spanish Castle Magic.

“Cherrie Pie” was a lot of fun when I first played it.

… Did I just come out?

Also I 5’d Mother by Danzig on Expert before I could even finish half of the songs on Hard. Forgot about that.

Only ever owned GHII, so…

John the Fisherman, Dead!, and Misirlou, when i’m feeling slightly sadistic.

Did GH2 suck compared to GH1? I own 360 and PS2. Which GH should I buy having never played either yet?

GH2 is worth the price of admission just for coop. That totally changed the game dynamic for me. But the song choice and the quality of the covers overall was better for me in GH1 (that’s not to say I didn’t love 2, just that 1’s was that good). I would say between investing in the system with a limited future and the one where the genre is really taking off, I would go with the 360 and ghII, albeit probably with GH3 guitar(s). I guess it’s a no brainer for me since I know which system I want to be playing rock band on later this year, and it’s definitely the one with the massive DLC options.

More than a Feeling

More Than a Feeling.

Cowboys from Hell, Beast and The Harlot, and My name is Jonas.

More than a feeling.

KG

Take It Off, hands down.

Following that, Infected, More Than a Feeling, Beast and the Harlot and Dead

I don’t care about challenge, I just want to ROCK!

Ruby! :)

And, uh, either Misirlou or War Pigs. Less Talk More Rokk got played to death by my father, who has (after 83 tries) yet to complete it. But before hearing the lyrics over and over until they were we just want to rokk burned into my skull the party’s getting started it was a pretty good song.

Seconded. I absolutely love that song.