Favourite Cyberpunk-genre games?

I liked it as an interconnected quest hub but it feels like it’s deliberately uses the least interesting views of the city. I had to walk for hours in real Prague to find narrow boring flat streets you see in this game.

You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.

I should really replay this game and go with swords this time.

My legs are OK.

If anyone tries EYE, which has quite a bit of janky charm, it’s important to go into it with the correct expectations:

E.Y.E. and Hard Reset Redux are two games in my library I just never got around to playing. Worth trying out?

Don’t forget the stellar soundtrack.

Shit, I think I might reinstall tonight. That sweet Source gameplay is hard to beat.

I think all my favourites have been covered here, but Shadowrun for SNES got me into cyberpunk.
I even bought some of the novels.

I have tried EYE several times but always was a buggy mess at my end.

There aren’t enough Cyberpunk games around. Besides Deus Ex there aren’t many that really dive into the genre. The Shadowruns where fantastic too.

A favourite of mine is Dex. It just clicked with me and I love it. Highly recommended. Unusually don’t play sidescrollers but this one works.

https://www.gog.com/game/dex

Yep, Dex is great. Never played E.Y.E even though it’s in my backlog. Will give it an try.

EYE is a glorious example of PC gaming.

seconded

How did you miss the Deus Ex series!?!

See I think that is a matter of expectations. Having never been to Prague (closest I’ve been was Munich), I have no expectations of the city. Sure the lack of bridges across the Charles was disappointing, but as a game city? It felt real in a way few do. I loved things like the magazines, movie posters, and band posters you’d see around the city. The mechanic in particular really felt like an individual with interests outside of his job.

However I get it. Watch Dogs nominally takes place in Chicago. And while they got some things, like the L over the Loop, they put cliffs 5 miles outside of the city and that drove me nuts.

No one has mentioned it yet so I’ll throw Observer into the ring, it’s a pretty cool Cyberpunk/horror game. I never finished it since I made the mistake of playing the choppy PS4 version (one area in particular turned into a slide show). One of these days I’ll pick up the Steam edition.

I’ll second Observer. That’s a neat, grimy adventure.

For adventure games of the pixely kind, Technobabylon and Red Strings Club are both very good.

I wouldn’t go as far as great, but Dex is alright.

E.Y.E. is an extremely PC game in that it’s basically a Half-Life 2 mod that ran amok and turned into a game, has tons of layers of complexity to dubious ends, is janky as hell, and has a lot of charm. So yeah, it’s worth trying, just go into it knowing that it’s an aquired taste.

Hard Reset is a decent FPS with an attractive cyberpunk skin-graft by the folks that did the Shadow Warrior remakes, and will probably go down smoother than EYE, but it doesn’t have the weird highs that game has.

Speaking of shooters with a cyberpunk skin, both Neon Chrome and Jydge are really good top-down shooters, and Jydge kinda tips into what a Deus Ex game starring Judge Dredd would be like, if every mission lasted 5-10 minutes.

And…dasd.Fsdfdsf.sdfg.gdf.g…SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER I’VE PLAYED IN YEARS

SUPER. HOT.
SUPER. HOT.
SUPER. HOT.

(did I do that right? it’s been a while)

RIP Rutger Hauer. I thought I bought Observer or got it free or part of some bundle recent, but I can’t find it out of my thousands of games. Does anybody recall?

The gecko game is cyberpunk?

Okay, I haven’t played it but that made me laugh out load.

My answer is Cyberpunk 1980 or: Quadrilateral Cowboy.

Well. I don’t know iw you’re making an obscure joke, but one of these 2d platformers that ends with -ex is cyberpunk.
does it start with a g

or a d

Who can say?

Yeah, my mistake. It was GEX not DEX. No, not making a joke but just mixed them up. Actually, I didn’t realized you actually meant “DEX” and thought it was a contraction/abbrevation of Deus Ex until now.