Favourite Rankin-Bass Christmas Movie

Ok thanks to magnetic_rose for getting the damn Snow/Heat Miser song stuck in my head and making me put on The Year Without Santa Claus just to satisfy the insanity to get rid of it I figured I’d find out which of these classics people enjoyed the most.

I am reluctantly putting the original Frosty in, but not the sequels to that.

This poll fails for not having an “all of the above” option. I refuse to choose!

If pressed, I will say Rudolph, and whichever the one with the dentist guy was.

I can’t rightly put all of the above in it because Frosty is listed, and that movie is horrible. I only put it there because it was one of the original ones and some people would probably go hey where’s frosty??

Hermes was in Rudolph, him and Rudolph ran off together.

Also here’s a nice link to the Snow/Heat Miser songs.

Where the hell is “Here Comes Peter Cottontail”?

WHERE IS IT?

I don’t care if it’s about Easter.

He’s busy hopping down the bunny trail to Easter!

Well fine. I refuse to vote in any Rankin-Bass holiday special poll without Antoine.

Consider this a write-in.

If you can change it so easter happens at the same time as christmas I’ll redo a poll with it in it.

I wish you all the best on that feat!

I never really liked 'em.

Year without a Santa Claus solely for the song.

What about the elf that wanted to be a dentist?

California Raison’s Christmas? Dunno if these are Rankin-Bass, but I loved 'em.

In an attempt to let my son have a splash of this christmas magic from my youth, I bought a selection of these on DVD and showed them to him. He’s 2, and toddlers can be a bit obsessive, which I forgot to take into account. The net result is that he begs and begs all the damn time to watch “farty toeman” which is as close as he can come to saying frosty the snowman.

Last week when he was ill with a stomach virus and staying up late a lot I was letting him watch it whenever he wanted because I had pity for the miserable sick kid. As a result I believe he (and I) watched that entire special something like 15 times in a week. I’m heartily sick of it now, but he still wants more :(

“Where there’s a whip, there’s a way!” isn’t a Christmas Song?

I vote for Thundercats. First, because a bunch of furries fighting a mummy is at least three hundred times cooler than Christmas themed puppets; second, because that stop-motion crap is always kinda herky-jerky and that creeped me out when I was a kid.

Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey.

I remember seeing a Rass-Bankin one with Jack Frost once but I don’t think it’s shown very often. For some reason the sad ending appealed to me.

I am the heat miser…

Love that one.

Rudolph ftw!!!

“BUMBLES BOUNCE!”

We’ve got a set with a few of them. My 2 year old loves them. But then if it’s animated he loves it.

Santa Claus is coming to town, and it’s a bit creepy at times, and you’ve gotta love the 60’s “rediscovery” song where Jessica lets down her hair.

Rudolph is good, but man, Santa and his dad are complete assholes at first.

Just watched Frosty the Snowman last night, and it’s easily the worst of the three by a mile! “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”

Does your 2 year old get obsessive about rewatching favorites he’s latched on to?

I voted for The Year Without a Santa Claus, also mostly because of Heat/Snow Miser.

The remake by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is a favorite of mine.