Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Yeah I will be shocked if the remaining cast doesn’t end up merged with The Walking Dead crew.

It’s already been renewed for a 5th stand-alone season, but maybe they’ll reconsider that decision the way things are trending, although it’s probably already in pre-production. Maybe they’ll pull a “glenn under the dumpster” moment and have Rick Grimes on the show, which will now be filmed in England so him and Morgan can be happier.

Wow, I did not realize they’d already renewed it for another season.

I guess they’ll end up becoming the new “take stuff, leave stuff” crew then, after finding a good place for Jimbo to make his beer (assuming he survives). Or maybe Season 5 will be the journey to Alexandria and all the adventures along the way. It’s hard to tell what they’re going to do based on the lack of any real movement forward in these most recent episodes.

Welp, the crazy lady who doesn’t want people to help one another has ruined this season.

What a horrible villain. Someone looked at Negan and said, yep we can make a worse character.

Also, apparent show fact, Hospital Zombies are in better health than rest of the world zombies.

Agreed, she is a terrible character, and even her backstory this episode only reinforced that. There is simply no way, as careless and crazy as she is, that she would have survived that long on her own, even with all the supplies she’d stolen from the trucks. Which reminds me, how is it the Benevolent Teamsters Union couldn’t figure out they were being hunted after the second or third driver disappeared? You’d think after the second one they’d have started sending two people, one to do overwatch while the other placed the boxes, though honestly that should have been the plan from the very start.

Also, how the hell did Jimbo get bitten on his back when the walker only ever attacked him from the front, then they fell through the plate glass window, then it was snapping at his face on top of him until Morgan came to the rescue. There wasn’t ever a time the walker’s head was low enough to bite Jimbo on the back of his torso.

:|

You made me re-watch that scene , I’ll never forgive you.

What happens is, due to Jimbo’s strength being equal to a sickly 8 year old boy, he gets tossed through the door window, and then with the undead on top of him , it takes a bite of his back when he twists to reach for the scissor clamp.

Whats even worse now that I watched it a second time is, the scissors are pointed when on the floor in one scene, 5 seconds later they show him reaching for the same scissors and the end is curled up. D:

Is Jim the second guy to be bitten through his clothes without the clothes being torn? I know the guy who trained Morgan in baton twirling was the first.

Yeah I think so!

I just watched the great hospital escape episode. So I have 1 more to go. Be interesting to see where everyone ends up.

Carl?

What a terrible end to the season. Martha was a terrible plot line - “take what you need” is ludicrous and stupid; the endless ammo of accurate headshot machine guns rigged by a photographer is…batshit insane and played as if it’s plausible. This show and franchise are lost.

I too did much forehead slapping at parts of this episode. Too bad, because I really liked the first half of this season with its interesting new characters. The move to bring the shows together appears to have been a feint which makes sense to me now because if both shows are making money why would you stop doing them? The commercials for TWD do make it sound like serious changes are in store for the original crew. If Lincoln goes, that’s going to be a big separation from the comic.

He’s definitely going - they are advertising the season as “Rick Grimes’s final episodes” (which is beyond dumb). It’s the opposite of the way that Fear handled Nick, which was a real surprise. As well

I wonder if they initially planned to merge the shows but then decided they didn’t need to after Fear got renewed. Agree that the first half of the season was a lot more interesting and the addition of the cowboy and most of the other new characters (and Morgan, of course) kept things unpredictable and interesting. But this second half was dreadful and pointless.

I can sort of understand it from a marketing perspective. They’re appealing to the hausfrau segment of the audience who would undoubtedly freak (OMG!!! I"M NEVER WATCHING AGAIN!) if that hunky slab of man-meat were to be offed suddenly.

The one amazing thing regarding FEAR TWD this season is that they did a huge amount of new lead cast fill in and it worked!

Even if both the first half (bus people with the spray paint numbers) and the 2nd half (crazy help nobody lady), villains were super dumb.

Hope to watch the final episode tonight, since Tom isn’t streaming games.

And done with the season, what a weak ass season finale. All of it circles back to the horrible villain they had for this 2nd half of the season.

Be interesting to see what happens next season, they are setting out to help people, so you know it’s not going to end well. :D

Looks like Morgan will be around a bit longer.

Yeah, that finale…that villain…that decision to stay and take over for the truckers (which I figured was going to happen)…all of it was pretty “meh” with a heaping side of “yawn”. It feels a lot like they just wasted half a season because they weren’t sure if they were getting a Season 5 so they wanted a storyline that could wrap up and leave everyone in a happy place. That could have easily worked as a series finale.

I also like how Polar Bear and his buddies apparently didn’t talk to one another much or have any sort of security, and left no one behind at the factory to guard their stuff. I mean, Crazy Chick took them all out in like 24 hours (except for Polar Bear) and they had no idea what was happening. I get that the factory is in some secluded spot somewhere, but how hard would it have been for someone to follow one of the trucks back to it? Ah well, logic and TWD do not mix, so it’s cool.

Next season should be interesting. How quickly will their plan to help people go off the rails? Will they run up against their own version of the Saviors? Or will it all actually work somehow?

Fear the Walking Dead - Season 5 premieres Sunday, June 2 at 9pm eastern.

2 more days!

So I watched the premier. It took less than one episode for their plans to help folks to go off the rails. What a surprise. Also, hi there Matt Frewer!

Looks like the season will revolve around yet another struggle over resources, only this time there is the interesting wrinkle of the guys in the weird riot gear armor and the possible return of Daniel to contend with.

Its on my DVR, hopefully I have time tomorrow.

Finally had time for watch the first episode. Already its better than last season of The Walking Dead.

Also Matt Frewer was cast, as far as I can tell, as this season bad guy of sorts.