Feige: "Doc Strange sooner rather than later"

Dread Rorkannu and I share the same taste in women.

I can only hear the “Yes! I have a hundred of the Earth dollars!” line in John Lithgow’s voice. Thus, he must voice whatever villain Doctor Strange faces.

David Bowie.

Why not Robert Downey Jr.? He went through the drug and alcohol thing just like the character of Dr. Strange went through before becoming a sorcerer.

I guess you can’t have the same guy play two heroes in the Marvel universe, though.

Because you have to pay out the anal for Downey and I guarantee you that the budget for a Dr. Strange movie won’t accommodate him. If I remember correctly, they had a hard enough time locking him in for all the tie-in movies.

But yes, it would also confuse the living crap out of the zeroes on the box office returns to have a guy who pretty much always looks like himself doing two different roles. I’m pretty sure you’d be able to hear the legions of people who don’t follow comics whispering in hushed tones to That One Guy They Brought With Them Who Knows This Stuff whether that’s supposed to be Tony Stark all the way from orbit.

Tell it to Captain America/Johnny Storm.

(Although I guess the Fantastic Four movies are now non-canon in the Marvel Movie Universe.)

Also, nobody WANTS to remember Chris Evans as Johnny Storm. I still kind of want to punch him in the throat for his character in that movie.

Hmm. Hugo Weaving?

With the exception of Elrond, though, all his geek roles have been villains. He’s kind of typecast.

He also looks far too much like Hugo Weaving. Even the Red Skull looks like Hugo Weaving (although of course he’s great in the role :) ).

Doesn’t Dr. Strange have, like, significant hair? Because Weaving and hair are incompatible products.

Not really. Dr Strange has a mahvelous outfit – tunic and tights – but his hair is not to die for. Anyhow, the wonders of modern hairpiece technology can cope, I’m sure.

Seconding David Bowie
Alan Rickman woulda been awesome, but people will just think ‘Snape is getting his own movie? I thought he died’
Viggo Mortenson would do a good job

Jim Carrey or Mel Gibson

Because Alan Rickman’s never been in a non-Harry Potter movie before.

I can’t be the only person who expects him to secretly be a terrorist in every movie he’s in.

If he’s playing a wizard wearing a cape, people are going to think ‘Snape’. Don’t be obtuse >:(

People are going to think “Hey, there’s that actor from Harry Potter”. Because most people - present company excluded, apparently - understand that actors just don’t play the same character all the time.

I’m telling you there would be riots. Keep your pets inside.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think David Bowie might actually be a cool choice. I’m picturing him with dyed black hair and tache of course. But he has a good face structure for it. And he has that odd, “almost a crap actor but still very charismatic” thing in films.

Only problem is those odd coloured eyes, they’re very non-canonical.

But he’s just the sort of guy who might be able to carry off “By the Many Moons of Munnopoor!”