Feingold for President

http://feingold.senate.gov/~feingold/releases/05/08/2005818336.html

Feingold Proposes Target Time For Completion Of Military Mission In Iraq; Says Senators Must Break “Taboo” On Discussing
Timing Of End Of Mission

Proposes Gradual Troop Drawdown with Target Completion Date of
December 31, 2006

Well, he’s got my for vote '08 for the moment. All the other Democratic hopefuls appear to still be off in a la-la land where getting more soldiers killed for nothing is a good idea.

Putting aside that Feingold and McCain should both be drummed from political office for the monstrosity they spawned with campaign finance reform…

…keep up the insurgency kids, fifteen more months and you’re home free!

The deed is done. Many bad mistakes have been made, but not standing firm and sticking it through is the worst of all.

So you still think it’s winnable? Note “my god leaving sounds awful” is not the same thing as “we have a realistic chance of winning and it’s a good idea to stick around.”

Gah! I don’t know if he is or not, but I’m assuming he’s a Jew with that name. Jews can’t win, sorry. Please, please put someone up who can win an election, kthx.

H.

That’s just what they want you to believe!

His office is about 5 blocks away from my house. Excellent guy.

Here he is with my son when the Kerry wagon came to town (with Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl as well. Man, what a day).

Hell, he would have my vote too.

He’s not running.

On Sunday, November 12th in Racine, I will hold my 1000th Listening Session with the people of Wisconsin. Before reaching that milestone, I want you to know that I’ve decided to continue my role as Wisconsin’s Junior Senator in the U.S. Senate and not to seek the Democratic nomination for President in 2008.

http://www.progressivepatriotsfund.com/2008.html

He wouldn’t have a chance in hell of winning.

He’s the only Senator that I respect.

If he could drop the commie edge he has to him, I’d vote for him. Imagine, it could have been Feingold/Wellstone in '08. The summer of love would have returned, free weed would be sold from street stands across the nation, and we could all unite together to make $6.55 (except for the union workers, who would make $50 an hour for turning bolts).

He’d still make a good VP, especially if we end up with one of the younger social moderates as the nominee.

You are talking about Afghanistan here, right?

Because I’m not seeing convincing evidence that short of blowing another half-trillion dollars and instituting a draft, we can make a difference in Iraq. Postponing civil war for a few years is not worth the cost.

We will never have a Jewish president as long as we do business with the Middle East.

Shame, I’ve always liked Feingold. That guy walks the walk.

It’s not a military conflict, it’s a state of anarchy being held back from total hell by our troops. There’s no “war” to be winnable or not; the problem is that we haven’t done nearly enough to actually get a country up and running over there, and that’s why our guys are stuck in mindless, endless, pointless fighting. But saying “complete pullout in eighteen months” is no better than “complete pullout right now” or “we’ll just stay, durrr.” What we need it a specific schedule for pulling out troops based on governmental milestones, not a timeline, and not “when they stand up, etc,” along with an actual concrete plan to facilitate said milestones.