Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark... turn-based tactical RPG

Thanks, folks! I appreciate it very much. :)

I had noticed that this was bundled with the first expansion for only 10 bucks on Steam (much cheaper there than on the GOG summer sale for some reason) so I picked it up and started playing last night. I really like that any items and potions you use are restored in full for the next battle. I tend to horde them but not in this game. So far so good.

Well, I don’t know how I missed knowing about this game the first time around but I’m certainly glad I finally found it. Winner!

This is currently on on the Switch eShop (and probably Steam) and the lowest price ever. I guess I’ll pick this up. I wonder if the balance issues have been updated or not? Or maybe there were never really that many in the first place as there seem to be a lot of positive comments on here.

I picked this up with the DLC for ten clams. I mean, I loved FFT, so why not?

I definitely got $10 worth out of this. It did a lot of neat things(this is the one that refreshes consumables each battle, right?) and in general I enjoyed it. What eventually got me was that there were a lot of classes(good!) but they didn’t feel like they were doing much to differentiate themselves and all had lots of skills I was never going to use. Of course, I think there were some more unique classes down the line that I never figured out how to unlock. So I maybe just needed to stick with it longer.

For fans of the genre I think it’s well worth playing!

Yeah, I thought it was a really nicely done Final Fantasy Tactics type game. Personally, I would have something of a preference for a Tactics Ogre type game, but for the majority who always preferred FFT, this is great.

Tactics Ogre was great too. I just never got into the stories in either FFT or TO, or for that matter the Fire Emblem games. Liked the mechanics though.

Ha! Most of the stories strike me as cringe-worthy.

Fell Seal is one of my favorite games of the last decade. Story wasn’t anything special but the gameplay is great!

This thread popped up and reminded me of this game
I liked it on release even if the art style wasn’t likeable. I went and bought the DLC, just in case.

I finished this game some time ago, without the DLC. I am a turn based veteran, but didn’t have any exposure to this particular style of turn based before (i.e. Final Fantasy Tactics).

I thought the AI was very good, making for some interesting encounters! I distinctly remember a fight on a shipwrecked boat, one of the first encounters with the bounty hunter, which was particularly difficult for me. Good stuff!

The last few battles in the arena also teach you how the game is supposed to be played (or abused, more like).

I unlocked and leveled up almost all of the classes which was quite enjoyable. It wasn’t until the very end that I learned that some classes are very suboptimal to level as. Now that’s a completely opaque and un-fun mechanic, but I don’t think the average player has to worry about that too much!

Story was alright, music fine, interface absolutely atrocious…

Overall, a fun experience for a first timer like me! Recommended, but not quite a must play as far as I’m concerned…

Anyone know how to rotate the map, if it’s even possible? In the tutorial mission, the bad guy went into an ally and I could not see him to target him or anything.

It is not possible, alas.

Wish I had known that earlier, probably would not have bought it. Unless the demo is an isolated case, which I hope it is. Not being able to engage an enemy because they are not visible but they can still hit you is frustrating.

I think you still can, though. But it’s been a while.

Yeah, you can but you have guess where they are. Which is kind of wonky.

I tried Fell Seal a couple of times and in both the fourth it fifth battle (the one with the tree) kicked my ass, so I reckoned it’s to hard core for me and went to play something else :(

It is very pretty, and I like the general feel, so I’ll give it a try.

The game has been patched quite extensively and I can’t recall any occurrences of untargetable opponents, so I do think you had a lot of bad luck! Don’t let that deter you!

Note, though, that targeting opponents on a level below you (in terms of height) sometimes requires you to move the cursor up or down vertically. You do this with the mouse wheel, if I remember correctly. Also, depending on the weapon, you might have insufficient vertical reach to attack an opponent right next to you (if the height differential between your tile and his tile is large).

On some battlefields, there are chests you won’t be able to access until later in the game. At some point, you acquire equipment that grants you floating, teleporting, jumping etc…