Ferguson St Louis - Michael Brown shot by police

Yeah that’s different. It’s not even behaving like a professional, but been nice to others, including people that work in the same field as you…

I was mostly referring to comments outside of professional conflicts of interest (politics et all). I can totally understand an employer taking issue, for example, with an employee bad talking them (or the company products) behind their backs. That’s too related to work to be considered independent (you are indeed using inside information to arrive to those kind of judgements).

Edit: Teiman, that is akin to avoiding PDAs (specially same set PDAs) or other kind of perfectly healthy behaviour in public to avoid offending others or being called for it. I just disagree on the utility of such defensive behaviour. It’s even weirder because you suggest (by your last paragraph) that just showing your name is offensive. When the offensives rest on the actions (I would believe) and people would get offended regardless of the use of a real name…

As long as there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing, you should be able to use your name. And if there’s something wrong you should be able to be called on it so you can judge whether your behaviour was appropiate. But this is what I think. It’s obvious I’m on the minority here!!