Field of Glory Empires

My initial impressions are also very positive to the degree that I probably spent 5 or 6 hours playing. My Messalia game went for most of that time but eventually my lack of manpower couldn’t keep up with constant barbarian incursions. Didn’t help that I wasn’t able to deal with my decadence problem early enoigh and ended up with a bunch of negative modifiers.

Playing as Macedonia now which feels like a very different game so far. Athens was kind enough to declare war on me without enough allies to back them up. Hoping I can secure the rest of Greece quickly before messing with any of the other successor states.

There is still a lot I don’t understand so it’s probably time to revisit the manual.

The email from Slitherine is hilarious.

“Disappointed Imperators have a second chance!”

Shots fired.

Hmm, looks like this is part of a bundle on Steam with Field of Glory II. If you already have FoG2 you get Empires at 25% off, which makes it only $30. Damn it, I don’t think I can resist that and the interlocking battle system between the 2 games.

Just so I’m clear, to use the cross-game battle system, I don’t need any of the Field of Glory 2 DLC?

Correct.

Thank you! I guess I’m in for this then!

I’m wondering if people who have played already have some guesses on how long a full campaign game would take? And I’m guessing it would be much longer if you play the battles out in FOG2?

I’m guessing you’re right since FoG2 battles can possibly take up to an hour depending on how many forces there are on the field. I think you might only want to do it for the most important battles where you want total control.

The strengths of armies differ if you spin it up in FoG2 though, right? It may create some weird incentives from a min-max perspective.

Here’s what Tim Stone has to say: Flare Path

I haven’t tried out the battle exporter yet and so far haven’t felt a strong desire to. However, it’s good to know that the people who have seem to really like that aspect. So far the strategic side of the game has been way more interesting to me that Imperator. The level of management is just about perfect for me.

Oh, I give up. Resistance broken. So many people praising the game.

I just bought it using that bundle deal to make it $29.99. (I already had FOG2.)

I was already primed to get this, but the slew of really strong reviews, the comparisons to Imperator that heavily favors Empires, and the nice $10 discount as part of the ‘Masters Edition’ all pushed me to take the plunge now.

Looking forward to digging into this.

Sigh, yeah, y’all wore me down as well. Can’t wait to try this. I’ve been itching for a more high-level grand strategy game.

Et tu? Some people need help resisting buying everything that sounds like it may be good :-)

Some people need to mind their own. Son.

Wouldn’t it be cool if someone made a game about not buying every game that sounds good?

I’d buy that game in an instant.

I think there needs to be a Game Collector Tycoon. Complete with Steam Sale DLC!

Like me.

I already downloaded the manual with the intention of reading it over the weekend.

Someone talk me out of purchasing.

Could you point me to some In depth comparisons, you know, beyond “Imperator teh suxx0rs”?