Final Fantasy XIV General Discussion Thread

Just to continue on the duty queues, turns out it is part of their congestion mitigation for Endwalker. While it looks like they’re doing everything possible, I read that as admitting that things will be BAD for a while. MMOs often have rocky expansion launches, but FFXIV had mostly managed to avoid it so far…

Soooo many people quit WoW and came to FFXIV that the servers are loaded even in a lull period. Tomorrow is going to be rough.

Lol. And this is a low pop server.

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 18.19.01

That man’s lucky downvotes can’t kill!

I’ve been seeing Wicked with my wife this evening, but my friend (who got stuck in the solo duty queue earlier this week) sent a screenshot of his 3920th place in the login queue for Mateus. And then said that after 3 hrs of trying, plus several disconnects, he got in.

Edit:
And 2561 for me at midnight. Looks like I won’t be playing tonight.

I am not sure if something changed in regards to capacity, but went from a 6,500+ queue last night to 22 this morning and finally got in.

Yeah, no idea here either but I gave up at 908 last night. Just before 8am, it’s now 35. Guess I’ll just change my playtime for a while.

It’s consistently been short queues in the early morning, four-digit queues after 11 AM or so and all the way through to well after midnight.

I’ve just been playing games on my second computer when I have to sit in queue in the afternoon. Before I know it, forty minutes have gone by and I’m in.

Just tried to log on three times to no avail. Error 2002, “The lobby server connection has encountered an error.” Guess I’ll try again tomorrow. Dang.

I got in this morning around 4:30 AM. Not since. Getting the same 2002 errors.

Daaaaaang.

Unless you’re logging in during off hours queues are baaaaaad right now. And occasionally a 2002 error will come to screw you over, so you have to babysit it. If you get back in queue right after the 2002 error you should reclaim your place in line.

Official statement:

Insomnia FTW! :)

haHAHAHAHA

I am getting 2002 errors just trying to get to character select.

I got to play a lot this weekend. Not Endwalker, mind you, because I’m still in Heavensward.

In my case, I logged in in the morning, and since my time is 4 hours ahead of PST, I got nearly no queues. Yesterday, though, I got a disconnect at about 7 PM my time, and when I tried to reconnect I faced a 5000+ queue that barely moved. So no more FF14 for me after that. Welp.

Also, lots of sages and reapers everywhere in my roulette yesterday. Tank mains must be super happy with instaqueues and whatnot. ;)

Got in on Behemoth this morning after about a minute wait with a queue of only 15. Thought I saw where there is an hour and a half of maintenance this morning starting at 9:30 eastern US time.

That maintenance window is for Mogstation, I think.

About the queues: