Final Fantasy XIV General Discussion Thread

Can’t even get to the lobby on Behemoth right now.

Got in the lobby, about 2500 to go. Got down to 1 and then got an error 4004.

Now back at a 3.300+ queue. Nice.

They did a quick maintenance this morning to try and resolve the lobby errors. Including bringing their development lobby servers into production.

And apparently all servers will be offline at some time tomorrow, for about 4 hours. Exact time to be determined.

In the early morning of Wednesday, December 8, we will be conducting maintenance across all Worlds to address server errors aside from those mentioned above, as well as a few issues that can be resolved on the server side. This requires all servers to go offline and is estimated to take about four hours to complete. Details on maintenance timing will be announced in the future. I’d like to ask for your understanding and cooperation regarding this matter as well.

Source:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4269a50a754b4f83a99b49341324153ef4405c13

It’s been taking me about an hour and a half to login in the evenings. I’ve been playing other things in a window so I can keep an eye on the queue in case it disconnects… As @rhamorim says, I get back to the same place in the queue as long as I log back in quickly, but that means I pretty much have to be at my computer watching the whole time.

Endwalker is quite good so far. I finished the first dungeon Sunday night and wrapped up that “chapter” last night. (No spoilers but, like Shadowbringers, there is a nice scene of relaxation at an inn to add a beat between story segments.) Not sure I’m sold on the characters who seem to be the villains, though. Hopefully their motivations become less one dimensional as the story progresses.

I will wait a bit before trying this expansion. No reason to rush now and get saturated servers.

Text changed:

On Tuesday, December 7, we will be conducting maintenance across all Worlds to address server errors aside from those mentioned above, as well as a few issues that can be resolved on the server side. This requires all servers to go offline and is estimated to take about four hours to complete. Details on maintenance timing will be announced in the future.

So, basically during prime time since we are already on December 7.

I suppose it must be after 11 pm PST. Most likely it will be like, 1 am PST or something. We’ll see.

They better be up by 5:30 AM EST or there’ll be hell to pay!

1 AM PST is December 8.

I know. But it said 8 originally, and I still think that’s more likely. Maybe they changed to 7 to mean “we’re doing this ASAP”.

It’s one of the odder downtime notices, for sure.

“sometime today we are taking the servers down for 4 hours. Not sure when.”

That’s the sleep deprivation talking.

Maintenance will happen from 10 PM - 2 AM PST. So in roughly 3 hours.

There was no disruption to me so I approve whatever maintenance window occurred.

Another 14 days of free game time for players subscribed as of this coming Tuesday. Suspending sales of the game and all new advertising until the congestion dies down a bit. Good news is they’re making headway on acquiring more servers and plan to put out a roadmap next month.

I am still getting close to 2k queues at night on Bryn. Other than running a few quests at lunch, I’ve given up for a bit.

I haven’t even tried to log in since my last message here… 9 days ago? Yikes!

I was really enjoying the story, but I have no desire to face the queue times. Maybe I’ll play some during the day while I’m off next week…

Working at home let me queue up in advance and as a result I haven’t had too many issues getting into the game what I wanted to. The only problem I’ve had is when I log out in the early evening and then try to get back on 30 or 45 minutes later. It does feel like the queues are getting a bit shorter though.