Final Fantasy XIV General Discussion Thread

Thanks. MMOs are big so I really don’t want to have to download it twice. I will wait and get the paid version once it’s on sale again somewhere.

I don’t think it is, other than downloading expansion content.

I don’t recall having another 40g download and the .exe I think was the same name.

While the game has mostly standardized on a visual language for attacks, there are occasionally different AOE colors for specific fights. I’ve never understood why sometimes you get green or red swirly effects instead of the typical red highlight and would love an explanation.

They have also started doing more telegraphed but barely marked AOEs (e.g. boss’s right arm glows before hitting the entire right side of the arena), although I guess you still got them in the hard and extreme trials in the base game. I can’t remember if Thornmarch has anything of the sort, though.

Talk about your lucky day.

I don’t think the Complete Edition has ever gone below this either, so probably a good time to snag it if you’re looking to do so.

The complete edition is what I would need to also play on PC, right? It’s the whole shebang?

The complete edition will grant you a license to the base game and all expansions on the platform you purchase it for. You also get a free 30 days for activating the base game on a platform. You can purchase PC, Mac, or PS4 (free upgrade to the PS5 version) through SE’s store.

If you want to play on PC and Mac for example you’d have to buy both PC and Mac complete editions - and would also get 60 days of game time free.

Thanks.

I have the Mac version but have a PC. At some point I imagine Square is going to have trouble supporting the new M1 chip, so I might as well grab it on the sale.

Unless you need any of the features of subbing, purchase the Complete Edition but then sit on it until you’ve exhausted the free trial. Then register your key and start your 30days free.

I’ve been off the free trial for a while. Just finished my “free” month, but ended up with an extra 10 days. Then this purchase.

The other thing is the PC version is more mod-friendly so I might have some fun with that.

Great, they sent me a 10% discount code for my birthday the other day, so time to finally grab Shadowbringers, which is 60% off right now!

This code is invalid for those products.

:|

Ah well, I’ll still grab it. Maybe the 10% will work on a resub once the current free play period ends in a couple weeks… :P

Does anyone know how long the sale runs? Edit: Looks like until August 18.

Also, is the store account used to purchase the game the same account that’s used to play the game? It looks like you can purchase it using a guest account so I’m guessing the store account is different from the game account?

I’m interested in trying out FF14, but I’m still playing WoW and don’t think I’d be up to pay for two subscriptions at a time. Sounds like I can just putter around with the free FF trial until I’m done with the latest WoW 9.1 patch content.

Debating whether I should pick up the Complete edition on sale now and activate it later on, or wait until after Square releases the new expansion this November and offers a new Complete version with everything. No idea how long that would be, though.

I’m reasonably sure the store just emails you a key.

Yes, I just bought Shadowbringers from the store as a guest, and they sent me an e-mail with a link to a key, which I then redeemed in my Mog Station account using my FF14 login.

Thanks @Knightsaber for posing the deal!

Thanks!

I got it on the PS4 on sale a couple months ago, but never got around to playing and now I have a new gaming laptop and debating just getting it on there instead.

I hate to admit it but I am having hard time navigating around the map. I complete a quest try to return to get my credit but get lost trying to get to the checkbox on the map. I think it is due to the levels upstairs or downstairs in the city. I spend too much time going in circles.

Navigation is my biggest weakness in the game. I’m getting used to it, but it’s still confusing at time. The more warp points you unlock the better it gets.

I’ve avoided any of the classes that start in Limsa just because I find it very confusing to get around. I’m better now after playing off on on for years. But I still kinda hate that place. Fuck levels that are hard to see on a map.