Final Fantasy XIV General Discussion Thread

By final battle, you mean the Ultima Weapon?

So I only play for a couple of months every half year or so. I enjoy it but feel like I’m just zooming from one story quest to another since I’m still over leveled and sidequests give me very little in terms of xp or loot. I’m around level 50 and just got the sky ship. I’ve been waiting for things to open up but so far it really hasn’t..

I’ve tried doing some trade jobs but that hasn’t really grabbed me and I feel like zooming from story quest to story quest is boring. But even overleveled I don’t get enough xp to open up new advanced jobs very fast either. I guess I’m just in a lull due to my level and where I am in the story. Any advice?

Ignore the sidequests unless you really want the little story content or whatever. Other than that, just grind it out until Heavensward. I made the push back in the day before they cut the MSQ down to size and it was painful, but absolutely worth it.

I don’t see any way of making that part of the MSQ fun. It was a total chore for me to get through but again, the payoff was totally worth it.

Yes, level 46 but looks like there is more to do yet

It sounds like you’re right before where everything hits the fan and it gets really good. When you log in again, just focus on the main story quest.

I enjoyed ARR but I know I’m an outlier there. I was picking up what they were puttin’ down right from the start. I also started in Limsa as a Marauder and I think that’s a solid questline with some fun dudes.

Everyone isn’t kidding when they tell you to plow ahead. You’ll know it when you see it. As much as I did enjoy ARR, I was blown away at the end of all the patch content and Heavensward began.

Awesome. Thanks. I’ve been waiting for it to open up for a year basically. Glad to know I’m close to it opening up and gives me to energy to push thru.

I am now level 48.5 but my next 2 msq are 49 and 50. Whats the simplest quickest way to level to 50 solo. Looking at it Fates or Dungeons at my level. I have not really bothered witht he Fates yet. North Thanlan could be it.

Real drag this though, just up the XP so I hit 49 and 50 when hitting those missions

Have you gotten the Hard mode dungeon quests? In addition to the MSQ, pick up the blue Q’s with the + sign on them. Those always have good stuff behind them. You’ll especially want those when you get to Heavensward.

Daily Roulettes are a large amount of experience (queued through Duty Finder). They’ll throw you into a dungeon or trial from the included list; at your level Leveling is probably the only one available.

Yeah I have been doing all the blue quests as I go.

Just curious–were you switching classes along the way? I thought the MSQ gave enough XP to keep a single class at the right level without doing anything else.

Nope no class switching at all, to be fair I have hardly done any side quests or levess or fates either. Just the main quest

Most XP for levelling: daily roulettes, highest dungeon you can play, anything else.

I have to admit I’m a little surprised you’re behind as I’ve always been way ahead in XP sticking with my main job. When you sign out, are you doing it in a sanctuary so you get the XP bonus while at rest?

I really didn’t do much in the way of sidequests at all. No Leves and occasional Fates only. Right now I’m already at 74 despite only being in the patch content for Stormblood.

As @rhamorim notes though, doing daily roulettes and dungeon runs should quickly jack you up. Like I noted above, get those Hard mode dungeon quests as the Hard versions are different from your original dungeon run through. Some have all new story bits and lots of changes.

OK finsihed Realm Reborn and lvl 51. Is now a good time to try another class or keep moving forward?

I ma really enjoying the game but there is so much stuff and different options etc etc it can be overwhelming at times even at level 50+

You’re only going to find even more stuff to do! Just enjoy whatever you want!

FFXIV has so many systems and stuff in it that Square-Enix has probably forgotten how half of it works. lol!

The MSQ is always there. You should keep progressing that. If you want to try other jobs, go ahead! You don’t have to, though. You can just keep plowing forward. It’s hard to give suggestions without knowing what quest you’re on in the MSQ because spoilers… and that’s one thing you should always avoid with this game IMO.

But seriously, go do some PvP if you want! Run some (Hard) dungeons, or (Hard) Trials. You may have already done some of those, but you will have to do certain ones to progress. Have you done any Raids yet?

If you post the MSQ quest name you’re on, that will help.

Uh, did you finish Realm Reborn, or did you finish post-Realm Reborn? Because after the “official” ending, there’s a lot to go yet.

As for what to do, it’s your call. You can keep going through the MSQ, or you can try unlocking stuff you haven’t unlocked. You can level jobs (both combat and crafting), you can do deep dungeons (Palace of the Dead)… there’s much to see and do.

In my first playthrough, I basically focused on MSQ. I did level plenty of other jobs in the process, and I played a LOT of roulettes and dungeons, but there’s a ton of things I didn’t unlock or even try (like crafting). Now I’m playing on a second character and taking my time to unlock everything, though this time I focused on only one job of each “role”, and I’m really enjoying my time (again).

So, your call. BTW, if you want to try the deep dungeon, it’s an interesting way of experimenting with other jobs/classes.

Well I got the offical ending and credits and assumed the next part was the next expansion, I assume there is more before Heavensword

So. so much more. oh god so much more.

If the ending you saw had the leaders of the three nations on a hill crossing their weapons, then oh boy, the best part of Realm Reborn is about to come yet. ;)