Final Space (2018 Animated Space Adventure)

He voices KVN.

Yeah, I think it’s more that Armisen is a much bigger draw than the VAs for Gary (show creator Olan Rogers) and the other lead character this season who I’m not sure you’ve met yet so I’m remaining mum about. So he gets the first billing.

God, Final Space was so much better than it has any right to be. You’re in for a treat, @Rock8man.

Is that the name of the ship AI?

KVN is the obnoxious robot “anti-madness” companion.

Ooooooh. Kevin! The cookie obsessed robot. Got it.

People say this about Holden in The Expanse for some reason.

I finished Season 1 of Final Space this weekend. What a great adventure, and also what a great comedy at times. Comedy isn’t the main thing in the show, but a few of the jokes are just so funny.

Not fair ending in a cliff hanger at the end. I have no idea if or when VRV is going to get Season 2.

Other Space is great fun too.

Season 2 changes things up a lot, but it’s so good. Hoping you can find a good source for it.

I found it!!! HBO Max has both of the seasons now. I think it’s just in time for Season 3 to start. Apparently Season 3 is coming 2 weeks from tonight, on March 20th on Cartoon Network. I wonder when it hits HBO Max?

I watched the first episode of Season 2 tonight. That was great. I love the way they snuck in a character I don’t remember being in the show in the “Previously on Season 1” segment named Clarence, and then he proceeds to be a big character in Season 2. Sneaky! Making me doubt my own memory! To be fair, I saw Season 1 in August, so maybe Clarence was there and I just don’t remember.

When Gary and Avocato went to the Lord Commander’s skeezy prison planet to kill off the mercenaries who’d seen them with Mooncake on the Galaxy One early in S1, and Gary had to buy some “papers” to identify himself with, Clarence was the vile shopkeeper who sold him the alien woman’s skin as a disguise :)

Enjoy S2! It’s a hella wild ride, but I liked it a lot.

Well, that was awesome; binged the first two seasons over this past week, and this is an excellent-but-absurd show. Took me a bit to warm to the concept, but I shortly realized what I was watching and started to appreciate how great it is.

Last night I got to the episode where Little Cado / Gary get stuck in a time-warp. Man that was great.

Typing on a keyboard to hear his dad talking to him about the current situation? I don’t think I’ve seen anything like that before. It was very moving.

Oh god this show cannot possibly end with Season 3; Adult Swim/TBS would be MONSTERS to end it like that.

Goddamn Season 3 was excellent.

I actually have access to season 3 right now! I should hurry up and finish Season 2 first though. Unlike Season 1, Season 2 is really long, so it’s going to take me a few months, it feels like. It’s a dense show.

I finished Season 2 this morning, and watched the first 20 seconds of Season 3 on adult swim DVR’d through YoutubeTV.

Overall Season 2 was a mixed bag. It felt like the show had too many moments that it tried to present as epic, and it seemed to be trying to force emotions on me that I didn’t really feel, so it felt kind of hollow. But a lot of stuff happened, and I don’t know if I understood a lot of it. Still, there were some great comedic moments, and the finale was definitely epic and I felt the excitement that they clearly wanted me to feel, so it didn’t feel as hollow as episodes in the middle of the season.

Still, looking forward to finally catching up to Armando! Still have over 3 weeks left in my YoutubeTV membership, so I have plenty of time to get caught up.

Watched episode 10 (Season 3) this morning. Man, it’s all so epic. I feel like Season 1 was building up to an epic moment, and Season 2 they said, let’s have like 5 epic moments, and then Season 3 they said, you know what, let’s have every episode be epic. It gets a bit exhausting sometimes, but if you watch over time instead of trying to binge it, it works well.

Episode 10 ended with the biggest epic moment yet. I almost feel like this would have made for a great Season finale.

The road to the end is stressful and tragic and glorious. Enjoy the last three, man. Might be the last we ever get :( :( :(

I watched two last night and one this morning.

Lord Commander!!! Noooooo!

Also, say what? Is the show getting cancelled or something?

No announcement of a Season 4 yet from the Powers That Be, and Olan Rogers has been kinda mopey and nostalgic on social media in a “Well it was fun while it lasted” kind of way :(