Finally, a fansite worthy of the film

http://www.commandofans.com/

I’ll go visit it when I want to let off some steam.

You’re a funny guy, Andrew. I like you.

That’s why I’m going to kill you last.

Psss…

He’s probably lying.

I can’t believe this macho bullshit! These guys eat too much red meat!

It’s amazing to see the section on the movie’s “goofs” roughly the same length as the original screenplay. I also remember watching his movie with Whitta and having him point out just about every one, usually with a dead-on Australian accent.

Fack you, asshole!

Jim, ever since you got me kicked out of your unit I promised I’d pay you back.

You know what today is? Payday.

Jim eats writers for breakfast. And right now he’s very hungry.

I find the blooper comment about the M-16A1 odd; 30-round clips for M16s are commonplace. The author might be confused with the Colt AR-15, the “civvy” version of the M-16 at the time (the original production designs for the military were ArmaLite AR-15s in the late 1950s, which can be confusing as they did have full auto, etc.), which came with 10-round clips (some were actually 20- or 30-round magazines modified wtih a metal box internally to hold only 10 rounds) because of handgun laws. The scene in question Arnold goes full auto, which is also not possible with the AR-15 (normally).

Since these are guerrila/terrorist types, I’m assuming they aren’t using AR-15s with 10-round magazines especially when they have more capable weapons like the AK lying about. So it’s probably an M-16. As for the A1 designation, it’s possible a third-world country would be using them instead of A2’s, as A2’s didn’t replace the A1’s till 1983. Then again, A2’s didn’t have full auto.

There’s my in-depth analysis…

— Alan

I find the blooper comment about cables used to elevate people being held in the air by Arnold odd. Obviously Arnold is a body builder who has no problem suspending a fully grown male in the air for the time it takes to get the shot. The cable is clearly just some sort of debris that got in the view of the camera.

I think you’ll find it was actually part of some kind of weighted device intended to make the guy heavier so that it didn’t appear that Arnold could lift him off the ground so easily.

'Strewth? I recall reading something around the time of Red Heat, how they had to fabricate a larger Desert Eagle .357 for Arnold, because his big hands make the gun look too small on film (I think it was bullshit).

'Strewth? I recall reading something around the time of Red Heat, how they had to fabricate a larger Desert Eagle .357 for Arnold, because his big hands make the gun look too small on film (I think it was bullshit).[/quote]
As was what I wrote above.

For what it’s worth it does seem the time is right for a revival of the bad 80’s Arnold movies.

And remember, you should not drink and bake.

'Strewth? I recall reading something around the time of Red Heat, how they had to fabricate a larger Desert Eagle .357 for Arnold, because his big hands make the gun look too small on film (I think it was bullshit).[/quote]
As was what I wrote above.[/quote]

Ditto, for a BS triumvirate!

What? Can’t I trust you people?

You fuckin whore.

That’s probably the best line in the movie, and as any cineaste knows, in Commando that’s up against some VERY stiff competition.

That’s probably the best line in the movie, and as any cineaste knows, in Commando that’s up against some VERY stiff competition.[/quote]

From Luther in 48 Hours to Sully in Commando to a killer in Wild at Heart to a random hoodlum in The Crow, poor David Patrick Kelly always ends up playing a total scumbag.