Finding Nemo

My family went to see the new Disney/Pixar flick Finding Nemo this afternoon. My five year old liked the movie and so did my wife and I. For a G film there were some tense moments (think Bambi tense), but I think the rating is still correct. Ellen Degeneres steals the show as the sidekick and Willam Defoe takes a good turn as the fishtank ringleader. If you have an youngster yearning to see a decent flick, this one is quite good.

-DavidCPA

P.S. The is a trailer for the next Pixar flick, The Invincibles, that is quite funny. It won’t be out till Fall 2004 though.

I agree with the above post. I was a little surprised by the opening myself. “Bambi” is exactly what came to mind as it unfolded.

I thought the voice acting and animation were great. I was a little worried about a few parts from the previews (Dude Sea Turtle mostly), but they fit in just fine.

I would recommend it for all ages.

I also saw it and recommend it. It does have some “Bambi” moments (some of which are–wait for it–red herrings…thanks, I’m here al week…and some of which are “real”). But you know, I think that’s good for kids in a way. I dunno–I don’t have any kids, so I probably shouldn’t talk. Anyway, the movie was good for adults as well as kids, and the animation was great–a noticeable step above Monsters, Inc., and that’s saying something.

Pixar is the Blizzard of hollywood. They’ve never made a bad movie.

Saying that, I think Finding Nemo is the best of the bunch (granted, I haven’t seen Monsters Inc yet, but I’ll assume)

FlamingSheep (great handle BTW), no need to worry. “Monsters, Inc.” was definitely awesome.

There was a horde of kids coming out of this movie when I went go see the Matrix. A few of the younger ones were crying because they got scared or were sad or something. They seemed to be less than 5 yo, but I am not a good judge of such things. Anyway, consider that a warning if you are a parent.

Were you crying?

Yeah, Pixar does it again. Disney had better renew their contract with Pixar, because DAMN, those regulard Disney animated flicks are sad by comparison.

Finding Nemo isn’t as good as Monsters Inc., but we’re talking about degress of greatness here. They’re both totally awesome movies.

What really doesn’t come through on the TV or PC watching a trailer is just how gorgeous Finding Nemo is. As an artistic and technical endeavor, it’s just beatuiful.

How does that make them the Blizzard of Hollywood?

Yeah, but not for the same reason.

How does that make them the Blizzard of Hollywood?[/quote]

Well… Blizzard’s never made a bad game. Won’t say all of them were perfect, but still…

How does that make them the Blizzard of Hollywood?[/quote]

Well… Blizzard’s never made a bad game. Won’t say all of them were perfect, but still…[/quote]

I’m assuming it would be pointless to tell you that I hated the Diablo games after you’ve made such a statement, but The Death and Return of Superman was absolute crap.

There was a horde of kids coming out of this movie when I went go see the Matrix. A few of the younger ones were crying because they got scared or were sad or something. They seemed to be less than 5 yo, but I am not a good judge of such things. Anyway, consider that a warning if you are a parent…

… Of total and complete pussies.

I saw it tonight. An amazing, brilliant masterpiece. I’ve been a marine aquarist for 30+ years and they made an absolute fantastic effort to get the fish authentic. Clownfish will soon be in more homes than Dalmatians :)

I took the kids to the matinee this morning. The 7-year-old loved it, the 5-year-old & 3-year-old were a little scared at times but both were still happy to see it. They constantly have new dangers cropping up to devour or kill the hero, so that can be scary for little kids.

The best review I can give it is despite having a huge soda to drink, the girls only made one potty break. Now that’s riveting.

…and will be floating sushi a few weeks later. Saltwater tanks can be a lot of work and expense to maintain, and little kids will naturally lose interest. But it’s okay - the movie tells kids that fish flushed down toilets and sink drains end up happy and free in the ocean! Unfortunately my husband was too savvy to fall for Pixar’s tale, and could not be convinced to send Bibo, his zombie clownfish, into the porcelain beyond. It did somewhat guilt him into cleaning the damn fish tank, though.

…and will be floating sushi a few weeks later. Saltwater tanks can be a lot of work and expense to maintain, and little kids will naturally lose interest. But it’s okay - the movie tells kids that fish flushed down toilets and sink drains end up happy and free in the ocean! Unfortunately my husband was too savvy to fall for Pixar’s tale, and could not be convinced to send Bibo, his zombie clownfish, into the porcelain beyond. It did somewhat guilt him into cleaning the damn fish tank, though.[/quote]

Yea, I’ve seen two newspaper articles the last couple days on this already: One, saltwater fish are not that easy article,and a second refering to “Grinding Nemo” as what you really get if the fish goes down the sink or toilet… :shock:

“. I’ve been a marine aquarist for 30+ years and they made an absolute fantastic effort to get the fish authentic”

I’m no marine aquarist but I’m pretty sure fish don’t blink… or sleep with their eyes closed for that matter (no eyelids). I’m sorry but that kept annoying me throughout the whole movie. :P

But the whole talking thing was… ok, to you?

Well if the movie is going to go out of it’s way to have “authenticity” I don’t see why they had to blink or sleep. :P As for the talking, now it wouldn’t be much of a movie if these fish couldn’t communicate to one another now would it?