Fire Emblem Three Houses - Nintendo Switch GOTY Contender?

Lances seem weak compared to the other weapons I’m my experience. Try an all lance party.

The one thing that cracks me up are the support dialogues. Many of them are really in your face topics between characters but their relationship grows.

Yeah, I think it may clue us about what the working environment might be like at Tecmo.

I don’t get that sense. For equivalent-tier weapons, the sword is the quickest and most accurate, the axe has the most raw damage, and the lance splits the difference.

Maybe take a look at the stats of the characters you have using each?

At any rate, I’ve just reached chapter 15, and unlocked my first master classes.

And that means it’s time to compare how everybody has developed, bench the underperformers, and use my hoarded stat-boosting items on the rest. Up until now, I’ve been rotating through 20+ characters figuring that some that seemed underwhelming would turn out strong, but with only 10 levels of growth left to happen, it’s time to accept that a few of them just aren’t going to turn that corner.

What is the best way to improve skills of the main character Byleth? Other than combat, which is limited.

Seminars, and later on also training at the monastery.

I think Seminars are actually a trap. You can get a lot more skill ups from professors then you can from Seminars. And you can also do multiple lunches to get more then 5 students up to full moral too. I can’t see any real reason to use the Seminars over just a regular day.

Well I finished this thing. Not sure how I feel about it.

I would echo what Fozzle said about seminars, I don’t remember how much training I got from it, but it’s hard to believe it would be worth skipping a day of battles or the monestary for. I also don’t really understand the point of the rest mechanic.

I feel I didn’t use the one on one training enough early on, it took a while to get my professor to a build I was happy with. I also didn’t start training people on riding or flying early enough, only getting my second flyer for the final battle.

Aside from giving your entire team a morale boost, the Rest day refilled uses of your special/magical weapon, which I can’t remember what it was called now, but if you used it heavily, Resting was the only way to regain durability for it.

How you could forget about something so elegantly and concisely named as the Sublime Creator Sword, I’ll never know!

When you have more than a couple action points to use.

Early on, at professor level D or lower, seminars are very useful.

Hmm. I may have waited too long. I’ve been pending most of my exploration time having meals to improve motivation and strengthen bonds to recruit other characters and almost none improving Byleth. It’s November I think and I don’t know when the time jump happens but it’s got to be fairly soon. Byleth is good at swords, but not much else, and not particularly good at swords.

Oh well I plan on replaying the other houses at a higher difficulty so well see what happens. Luckily the default difficulty is not very difficult.

One nice thing is that you get Byleth’s best class for “free”, so you don’t have to worry about getting a skill up ASAP to get them through a certification exam. Particularly if you’re happy with Byleth’s ‘default’ weapons and don’t want to have them be a flying bow rider or something, I think you’re fine doing it the way you have been.

Wait, that works? I had to give up on a couple of my recruitment targets because Byleth’s skills/stats were too low to recruit them. The main reason I think you should teach Byleth skills is to allow recruitment of important characters. I thought the relationship stuff just slightly reduced the requirements.

B level support and D in a relevant skill is definitely enough to recruit many/most of the out-of-house characters. I went on relatively that recruitment strategy and ended up with quite a few more than I could reasonably use.

Well, that’s… Hmm.

It’s okay Ike - you’re just not that good at romancing teens.

I bought a Switch just to play this game. I don’t regret it, though I suppose I’ll have to buy more Switch games to justify it in my mind eventually. I haven’t owned a Nintendo since the 64 which I barely played so I’m sure I’ll find something.

Halfway through my third playthrough now, and they just released a new difficulty. They called it Maddening difficulty and I hope it lives up to the name as the only complaint I have is that I’d never played a Fire Emblem game before, started on Hard, went to classic for the second playthrough, and yet have not lost a character to permadeath thanks to the perhaps overly generous number of divine pulses I get.

So just a heads up, new difficulty is here. Enjoy!

Any thoughts on the New Lunatic difficulty?

I’m going to try it when I do my second run, but I found Hard to be fairly easy so I don’t expect it to be crazy.

Anyone have opinions on the season pass? There are a couple interesting items in the recently released third part, but it still seems to mostly consist of borderline cheats with aux missions that give stat boosts and extra resources.

Season pass are usually bs, but this one takes the cake: it’s the part of the game you can most sense Koei’s touch (that and the tea groping).