Firefly - can't believe I missed it

That’s St. Albans, where Tracy’s parents live. You should check out the Serenity RPG book at some point. Has info on every inabited planet in the 'Verse. :) - Yes, I’m a Firefly/Serenity whore. ;)

SK- He’s talking about where Jayne shoots Aceveda’s little pirate outpost. Which, amusingly enough, is a physics gaffe. AFAIK cartridges contain enough oxygen to fire in a vacuum.

Oh. I was talking about it being another example of planet diversity.

Gotta love the miscommunications. ;) You want diversity? Take a look at the backrocks like Jiang Ying, Whitefall, or Triumph and compare 'em to more industrialized worlds like Ariel or Beaumonde. ;)

Maybe it was catridgeless ammunition?

I certainly hope we return to loose powder and pewter balls for ammunition.

O.k., that just makes it more fun. But my point stands - at least they try.

And there’s no way in hell I’m going to read a rpg book just to discern the subtle diffrences between all the outposts. If it’s not fleshed out enough in the series to see, then they aren’t really that different.
But the above episode is where I’m at, so my mind can still be changed when I watch the rest.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! ;) Maybe you’d wanna get it for the deckplans to Serenity? Or the cool character backgrounds. Or more info on the 'verse than anywhere else…

No, I’m not a shill, just a Firefly whore. ;)

With all due respect, you are NO Inara.

Companion.

Anyway, Firefly is the best tv-show I’ve seen in recent years, so Fox are bastards for Foxing it…

Hopefully they’ll be ressurected, if not, I’ll move on and forget it eventually.

I’d still like to know what happened to Agent Dale Cooper though…
“Everything will be okay… Everything will be okay…”

All evidence to the contrary, I nonetheless hold out hope that someday Lynch will finish that story…

Does that make me an optimist, or an idiot?

Bah. Vera’s cartridges don’t. They’re full of special killin’ goodness instead.

Hope its optimist, otherwise there will be an awfull lot of idiots out there.
… Also, speaking of which… Season 2 DVD… ? … /cry

I do miss Space: Above and Beyond. I plan on checking out Firefly shortly, but I’ve already seen the movie so I was a little reluctant since I know what will end up happening to the characters. I can’t hold out from my friends - ‘You have to see this!’ - any longer though. Plus, going by the discussion, knowing what happens doesn’t seem to spoil anything.

HEh, S:AAB is an awesome show, but FF is so much better, IMO. Once you’ll see the show in its entirety you’ll appreciate the movie that much more.

Nah. You will have more unanswered questions than answered ones. Stuff that is apparently dealt with in some comic book somewhere.

Troy

So true! I just borrowed the DVD set form a friend, having never watched it before, and like most, absolutely loved it. So I decided to rent Serenity again and this time it all clicked.

It’ a fucking shame this show didn’t survive.

Edit - And since I wasn’t following the big, giant, thread you all had going before, and I’m to lazy to go read thru the whole thing, is there any hope of this show being ressurected?

No.

stupid forum won’t let me post a 3 character response

None.