Firefox: extensions i would like

ok new firefox requests:

how to make a whitelist for cookies. i don’t want any cookies except for my emails and a few news sites. but when i try various combinations in cookie options the login to my email at myway.com doesn’t work unless i allow check the “allow sites to set cookies” option.

Resize Searchbox

Hope this helps.

Bye,
Steven

You tried setting exceptions?

You tried setting exceptions?[/quote]

yeah. myway.com just goes back to the login page. i have to check the allow sites to set cookies option to get it to work.

thanks for the search box lenghth modifier, Zteven.

Glad to help. You know what I miss? When I was still using mozilla I could press Ctrl-K to let all other tabs disappear. In Firefox, that doesn’t work and I can’t find another shortcut that does. Does anybody know it?

Bye,
Steven

I know that with Tab Browser extensions, there’s a “Close All Other Tabs” option on the tab right click menu. You can set this to a mouse button or mouse button plus key press, if you want.

I’d love an extension that lets me send links from Firefox to MSN Messenger. Sort of a right-click “Send Page URL to Messenger” with a submenu of the online users I could choose to target.

I hate the fact that I need to cut and paste links of interest into Messenger windows just to tell my friends about cool new things I come across.

Anything like this exist? Even if it integrates with something like Trillian, I’d be interested.

/Eph

ok, i got most of what i want. now i am trying to find one i lost after changing harddrives:

VIEW SOURCE IN NOTEPAD

i tried to google for it, but all i got was “launchy” and “view source with -”

both of which i don’t like because you need to do an extra step to get to notepad. when i right-click, i want the menu to have a “view source in notepad” option right there, not right-click> “view with” > “notepad”

While the Firefox pros are working out that one, perhaps you could also tell me if it’s possible to add in Mozilla’s “Block/Unblock Cookies from this Site” command? It’s the one feature I really miss from Mozilla.

i am not sure if cookieculler will work to your satisfaction, but it is great for me.

next:

kill background images, please! anyone know of a good one?