Firefox

This is what I see, and I have it enabled.

I can click “View Firefox studies” but I see nothing about normady listed on that page.

Okay, found it and changed it to 1… But still will not download ublock.

If the normandy stuff is enabled in about:config and the time is set to 1 second, restarting Fx should immediately reenable all your addons.

Thank you!

While I still tend to use Firefox more, I have no reason I can think of to really recommend it over Vivaldi, beyond general agreement with how firefox does things. Vivaldi is really quite solid.

Multi-container extension is the main reason I prefer Firefox over other browsers. It really makes separating out work vs personal vs other sites so much easier, especially in cases like email where both personal and work use gmail.

I still use Firefox because Vivaldi doesn’t support mouse chord gestures. Otherwise I would have switched too.

I am running Windows 7, and Google says not to use Chrome on this operating system any more. So Firefox it is until I switch to Windows 10. I have no clue about the different variants, such as Vivaldi.

Holy shit, really?

That said, there’s no guarantee that Firefox isn’t also affected. So simply switching browsers might not actually protect you.

Thank you @YakAttack. I am just surprised. I know a few people at work still clinging to Windows 7, but now it’s getting long in tooth. I did my Win 10 upgrade a long time ago. I think it would be hard to go back to 7, much as I liked it when I was there.

Ugh that picture in the preview box for the link… That’s reason enough to ignore the browser.

I mean, I’ll look at it, but wow, what a bullshit marketing image. I don’t mean to try to torpedo your suggestion, it’s just such a put-off.

Well, I’m not gaining or losing anything through your use of it, so if you don’t like it, then there’s no need to even try it. I personally find it to be a fast and privacy-aware drop-in replacement for Chrome. YMMV.

I’m going to try it. Sorry, I tried to add a lot of disclaimers to make it less like I was criticizing you. The browser sounds good but their marketing is gross is all. :D

Thanks for bringing it up, I don’t think I’d heard of it. Didn’t remember it for sure.

Has anyone tried Epic?

https://www.epicbrowser.com/

Looks like Brave does some interesting thing with ads/supporting content via direct payments? Not sure how I feel about it but it deserves a review.

I ended up downloading Brave a few days ago, hadn’t heard about it before @Clay mentioned it. First impression is definitely positive.

Anyone run into this lately?

Namely, I try to quit Firefox and it gives me the message basically asking me “do you want to leave the page” as if I have something typed in a window and haven’t posted it yet. But I haven’t in any tab, so I don’t get it.

In my experience, it means that there is a script (or somesuch) running on the page that has not yet finished. Maybe give it a few seconds and try again. I usually just ignore it and close firefox anyway.

I get it all the time when checking gmail and deleting unwanted emails. Apparently it sometimes takes them minutes to sync email changes?

That’s probably it, thanks. I had just deleted a bunch of emails.

Do trackpad forward and back gestures work on Firefox for Windows 10? They work on Firefox for Mac with a trackpad, but not on my Windows laptop. They work on every other browser on that machine as well.

A Google search doesn’t come up with any answers. There isn’t anything in options either.