First Daughter, Special Advisor to the President, Ivanka Trump

Maybe it just slipped her mind.

Ivanka Trump’s federal financial disclosure report doesn’t mention her past involvement with the charitable foundation that bears her family’s name—and which remains under investigation for self-dealing.

President Donald Trump’s daughter is working as an advisor to him in Washington while her two adult brothers run the family’s business empire. As a result, she was required to submit details about her income and jobs outside the federal government over a period of several years before she joined the executive branch.

But even after multiple updates, Ivanka Trump’s financial disclosure form appears to make no mention of her time as a director of the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is investigating for fraud.

For a while there, it was hoped that Ivanka Trump would be “a moderating influence” on her deranged, infirm father. Around the time of the Republican National Convention, the press and centrist politicians couldn’t stop lauding her poise, surmising that if Donald Trump could raise someone like her, maybe this whole “totally incompetent, clearly senile, racist, and possibly illiterate president” thing might not go so bad after all.

Obviously, we live on the other side of those dreams, not only because Trump’s presidency has been an unmitigated disaster for women, people of color, the environment, anyone who is not massively wealthy, and America’s standing as a global superpower, but also because we have gotten much, much more face time with Ivanka Trump, who is not good at anything. One of the things she is very bad at is talking. Her soft-focus, puff piece interviews frequently come across like monologues generated from an A.I., stacking up words in an eerily unconvincing facsimile of human eloquence. Vice politics writer Eve Peyser recently assembled the evidence against the young Trump’s ability to use words correctly, and folks, it is damning stuff.

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/922836526379294727

“relative” seems OK: it’s an adjective describing “basis”. The usage is a bit unusual, but the context and meaning is clear.

“albeit” is weirdly out of place.

i hope their entire family is tried for treason, jailed then hung.

Say what you will about Ivanka, but I’ve always gotten the impression that she’s a human being. She may even be a member of the species homo sapiens. In 2017 politics, that sets you apart from the crowd.

Welp, Moore is done. That’s the President of the United States talking through his special official counsel, his daughter. He either has to refute that or his office is taking that stance. So POTUS is against Moore. Bye bye scumbag!

Yes, she is technically a human. I’ll agree with you there. But Trumpish fruit is heavy and relatively immobile.

Reuters and NBC reported over the weekend on a particularly unsavory deal in Panama called the Trump Ocean Club, which Donald Trump dubbed Ivanka’s “baby.” It was the Trump Organization’s first international hotel venture in 2007, and Ivanka was the lead family member on the project, working closely with a Brazilian development broker named Alexandre Ventura Nogueira. He put together much of the financing for the deal, and let’s just say it wasn’t exactly on the up-and-up.

Involved in Ivanka’s “baby” was a money launderer from Colombia who is currently incarcerated in the U.S., a Ukrainian human trafficker and a Russian investor who was jailed a few years earlier for kidnapping and threatening murder in Israel. Nogueira himself was arrested in Panama on unrelated fraud charges and fled the country; there are still four criminal cases pending over the Trump project. Ivanka apparently claims not to remember the man, although she knew him well enough to make a promotional video with him.

Another notorious Ivanka project was the 2014 Trump Tower Baku in Azerbaijan, which she personally oversaw. This was the project that, according to a recent New Yorker report, was partially funded by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and served as a cash laundromat for the country’s government. This was no hands-off arrangement. Ivanka and the company were heavily involved in all the details, from the interior paneling to the landscaping. According to experts, this was unusual for this sort of deal and indicates a level of personal attention that exposed the Trump Organization to serious legal trouble.
[…]
Several senators have called for an investigation into this project, which was finally shelved after Trump was elected. According to Think Progress, “at some point earlier this year, Ivanka removed all information about the Azerbaijan project from her website, although it remains available via Internet Archive.”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/24/politics/rex-tillerson-ivanka-trump-india-trip/index.html

Multiple State Department officials, as well as a source close to the White House, have told CNN Tillerson’s decision not to send senior State Department officials to this year’s Global Entrepreneurship Summit, being held in India next week, is not related to his key project of slashing the Department’s budget, and is more to do with the fact Ivanka Trump is leading the US delegation this year. Trump was invited by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June, and this year’s theme is supporting women entrepreneurs.

The State Department puts on the large yearly event, which Secretary of State John Kerry and even President Obama attended multiple times. But this year, according to one senior State Department official: “No one higher than the deputy assistant secretary is allowed to participate. The secretary and his top staff have insisted on approving all travel-- even the most minute details.”

Well, I guess now she has to pay for her own flight.

I’m hoping they’re able snag all the Trumps before they actually flee but I guess we’ll see.

Well, there’s an up side to them fleeing. They won’t be here anymore. As long as dad goes too.

Family leave paid for by forgoing Social Security benefits. Looking for less politically suicidal options to cutting SS benefits, I see.

Eh, it seems like a decent idea to give people the voluntary choose of taking 12 weeks of what are essentially disability benefits now, in exchange for 6 less weeks of social security later… it means you need to work for a month and a half extra at the end.

On it’s face it isn’t a terrible idea, but it feels like a pretty unnecessary fuck you, given all the other ways we could pay for those 6 weeks.

Well, we don’t have a thread for Trump’s other offspring, so I’ll just put this here:

The Post’s Page Six gossip column reported Wednesday the two were struggling with marital problems due to Trump Jr.’s heavy travel schedule and his controversial tweets, mostly related to defending his father from all criticism.

They are the parents of five of President Trump’s grandchildren; theirs range in age from 3 to 10.

Trump Jr was drawn into the Trump administration’s ongoing problems with a sprawling investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election after he admitted to meeting a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower to get dirt on his father’s 2016 rival, Hillary Clinton.

Divorcing over tweets? There must be more to it. I mean, travel, sure, but tweets?

Don Jr and Vanessa were recently unnerved in February when Vanessa opened an envelope addressed to her husband but sent to her mother’s New York apartment, and white powder spilled out. She was taken to a New York hospital as a precaution.

The envelope also contained a typewritten note reading, “You are an awful, awful person. I am surprised that your father lets you speak on TV. You make the family idiot, Eric, look smart. This is the reason why people hate you, so you are getting what you deserve…”

Oh, well I could see someone wanting to distance them and their loves ones from something like this, especially if they’re expecting more of the same.

She discovered he’s a psycho?

Well, that never seemed to matter before…

Yes, but the time to sell on the stock market is before the crash.

Perhaps she’s cashing out before the bubble pops, and knows it.

One can hope.