First images of SPEED RACER

Trixie did not have a horrible bowl haircut either…u still FAIL.

Zep–

That’s a bob. It’s very far from a bowl cut. Christina Ricci is hot. You are full of crazy.

Seconded.

For the record I do think she’s really hot.

Oh-ver-rat-ed. Clap Clap clapclapclap.

Whatever it is, Trixie didn’t have it…and you can still see gigantor forehead thru those bangs.

Zep–

Uh, yes it does.

To me, that just sounds like you’re giving the Matrix movies credit for far, far more depth than they actually had. (You along with 25 billion other people, apparently). Making some kind of distinction between “popcorn entertainment” and “depth” in regards to all of these movies is pointlessly elitist. ALL of it is big, flashy entertainment, and there’s not much wrong with that.

But then, that could be just because The Matrix never did anything for me, because I thought the attempts at pop philosophy were embarrassing.

Oh, sorry. The answer we were looking for is “Yes, Cowboy Bebop.”

Agreed. I’m also hoping they include my favorite passage of dialogue from any cartoon ever made, which happens to be from “Speed Racer:”

SPEED: You are the most dangerous man I’ve ever met! And you’re wacky!
BADGUY: I’m not wacky, I’m a genius!

Bonus points to the trailer for making the bad guy in the movie sound exactly like the bad guy in the cartoon. It’s eerie.

I was never a huge Speed Racer fan but that trailer is fantastic. Do want.

Oh, sorry. The question I was answering was:

Also, of course there’s good anime.

Kimba The White Lion was good anime.

Zep–

Ah. I was reading a poorly-subtitled version of your post.

I actually didn’t picture this visual style when the movie was announced, but it seems to make sense and I’ll probably check it out just to see all the pretty graffix Jon Gaeta and the brothers have cooked up.

Oh man, looking forward to seeing more about this.

Visually, I’d say they nailed it.

Mmm, looks quirky. I’m interested though.

To quote Speed…Oh…Ah…oooohhh…ahhhhh…oh…mmmmmm
The cartoon looked more real.
My money’s on the car acrobatic team.

Sounds like they went with the cliche generator for the dialogue.

Yeah, I guess it’s a little light compared to the original subject matter.

And Good Anime: Samurai Champloo. Beebop was already thrown out there, but I’m voting for that being good as well.

Kill the fatted calf. The prodigal son has returned!