First images of SPEED RACER

And I’m sure it’s no Transformers when it comes to wordsmithery.

Watching it again, they’re clearly going for some of that “cross view” technology that somebody posted about here a while back.

Warped transitions, and the like.

Someone linked me the trailer today: http://www.imdb.com/video/trailer/me60811758/

That’s the same trailer that’s been around for a while, isn’t it?

Is it the same one that was in front of Cloverfield?

'Cause that looked fucking RIDICULOUS. I’m not sure the word ‘awful’ can even be used, since they’re so far beyond awful it’s obvious they think the term is cute.

It just looks like Josie and the Pussycats to me. And thanks a lot for bringing up that painful memory!

Doh, sorry, I didn’t realise the trailer had been around for a while, my bad.

It looks intriguing, and I’m sure kids will love it, but I dunno. We’ll see.

Don’t sweat it Athryn… I think it looks cool, too.

Well, after the ass ripping I got for thinking the Love Guru might be humorous (more for the rest of the cast in it as opposed to Mike Meyers,) I’m afraid to post my opinion of any movie! :P

No, see, Speed Racer does look like it might be quirky cool.

The Love Guru thing just makes you, er, unique. And hey, unique is a good thing. :)

Looking forward to Speed Racer, hateses the Love Guru trailer.

I think this looks totally awesome.

New international trailers are out.

[URL=“http://wbads-63.vo.llnwd.net/e1/wbol/uk/movies/speedracer/speed_racer_tlrf3_qt_700.mov”]First one

Second one

Go Racer X!

This is looking like five flavors of awesome, and there’s some tricks in here with camera and location that may end up being as groundbreaking as bullet time.

Or as awesome as knife-toss-time!

Speed Racer, brought to you by the good people at Yokohama.

Are you talking about the upskirtish shot of Christina Ricci in the helicopter?

Actually it’s all the weird stuff with the car in the air.

I was reading about it a few years ago, and I can’t find the article now, but they were talking about how you can sort of combine multiple viewpoints together in a weird sort of meta-fisheye image.

Trixie in the pink copter, Racer X, the car makes the proper “yonk yonk yonk” sound when it jumps… I’m there.

I’m pretty sure it’s actually going “Jump, jump, jump, jump”.
Or is that just what I’ve been hearing in my head since I was five years old?

I never watched the show, and maybe I’m getting old, but watching that trailer nearly made me cry. Too . . . many . . . colors.

H.

The new international trailer is up.

This one covers a lot more of the plot.