First Line of Defense against the Tom/Mark entity

Koontz,
Last I checked, QT3 wasn’t a democracy. CAhsihcekr can do whatever the fuck they fucking please. If we all displease they can fucking shut this fucking site down and be done with it. Unless your fucking cash is going into this fucking site, let it go. Even if your fucking money is going into the fucking site, they can return your fucking money and still fucking shut the place down. Let it fucking go.

I suppose when you start paying the bandwidth costs for QT3 you will then have some right to demand Tom and Mark explain anything at all about how they decide to run their board.

Brian, no one else but you wants a discussion. If you can’t handle that, go away. I’m sure Met_K would love to have you on The Banned Of Qt3 forum.

And as a tool himself, Brian would know. :-)

And as a tool himself, Brian would know. :-)[/quote]

Are you suggesting Brian wouldn’t abuse himself? :-)

Troy

LOL! I was waiting for someone to say that. What I find funny is that Met_K could come back here if he decided to but instead he wants to run around as the chief Martyr and say bad things about Brian Reynolds of all people ?!

Some people are just wacked in the head - or they need a good wack in the head.

Nice theory… lets see how it works out.

Business Man makes a business decision.

Warren Buffett: Not a good idea, man. Try this out…

Business Man: No! I like it my way! I’m the one paying for this damn thing!

Warren Buffett: {Sigh}

Business goes bankrupt.

Obviously openness, debate, and honesty are bad things… me not paying for the website proves that!

Errr… or something.

{The Tom/Mark entity gaze down upon the mortals and cackle at their irrelevant words}

Tom/Mark: What’s the price for another lock on this tower of ours?

You know, Crypt, if you hate my site so god damned much, why do you go there?

This is the last fucking thing I need.

Koontz, while it would be a full time job correcting you. Buffet tends to only give advice to companies he owns stock in - hence he owns them.

Comparing yourself too buffet was to ludicrous to address directly. But let me give you an example that might work better for you.

Barnie Fife suggests to Andy that they should stop letting Otis sleep off his drinking binges in their jail free of charge.

You are Barnie.

The rest of the world is Andy.

No one listens to Barnie, no one listens to you. I think that fits you a little better.

Chet

One little correction. Barnie Fife is lovable. You are not brian, so I guess my example doesn’t work either.

Chet

Whenever I check in on these forums and start reading a thread, I usually look at the poster’s name first before I decide whether to read it or not. There are a few names that I will read anything they post usually because they are pretty sharp and well-observed (Chick, Bub, Long, DaveC, and others), are brutally sarcastic (Chet, DrCrypt) or have genuinely helpful information (Case, Xpav, and others).

There were a very few people that I would reflexively ignore, like bmulligan and Met_K, because I can’t recall a single interesting or helpful post from them.

I used to ignore Koontz, like other noise makers, but a few weeks ago I began to read just about ever post because Kootnz is in a list unto himself. Just about 1-in-3 of his posts is bound to contain a classic howler, such as the notorious “I’m the most respected thinker in this forum, by far” or the classically delusional analogy to Warren Buffet in the above post.

I can’t quite figure out what he can’t give this whole banning thing a rest, but I only hope that the Tom/Mark cerebrus that he has concocted is able to put up with his spitballs, as his lunacy adds a lot of character to this board.

You know, why don’t we just start a thread that lets everyone say what they want about everyone else here. I’ll do that right now, it’ll be called “who I like or don’t like”

The truth about Brian Koontz revealed!

Shocking!

This explains everything. It isn’t deluded nagging, its misguided hero worship! Poor Koontz!

-Kitsune

Brian’s mostly harmless. Sometimes I think he’s been putting us all on all along. Other times I think he’s serious. Koontz does sound a bit like kook…

I can’t quite figure out what he can’t give this whole banning thing a rest, but I only hope that the Tom/Mark cerebrus that he has concocted is able to put up with his spitballs, as his lunacy adds a lot of character to this board.

Koontz seems harmless enough and I like having him around for the most part. I don’t mind the personal slights any more than I minded them from wumpus (i.e. they were sometimes annoying and usually puzzling, but certainly nothing anyone should be banned for).

The only thing we’ve asked lately is that complaints about how the forum is run be contained to relevant threads. You guys can say what you want, but like the crazy Cleve stuff and the Huffman/Smart sniping, we don’t want it bleeding into unrelated topics. Otherwise, Mark and I are pretty happy with the way things are going in the post-Cleve/Derek/Bryce/Eric/Bill era.

-Tom

What?!?! You two are not concerned about the signal to noise ratio spiking like a mofo or the precipitous drop in post quality as of late or how things aren’t the ginchiest like they used to be all the way back into last year or those heady blue board days?

What?!?! You two are not concerned about the signal to noise ratio spiking like a mofo or the precipitous drop in post quality as of late or how things aren’t the ginchiest like they used to be all the way back into last year or those heady blue board days?[/quote]

OMG OMG OMG! Call chet to set Tom and Mark straight, ASAP!

Dude, this board used to be cool. Now man… it like sold-out man. Its not cool anymore, dude.

Dude, I know. Let’s all migrate to Usenet and reminisce about how much we used to enjoy posting here, before it sucked.

You’re the lovable one.

{Sees Chet inching away}

Don’t worry… you’re not a barbeque-sauce rimmed sheep and I’m not Tom Chick.

LOL… Tom has the Spin Wagon working… Giddyup horsie!

Tune in next time when TomChick again states that all are irrelevant, followed by a banning of the irrelevancy! I wonder how he treats harmful things?.. the world may never know.

I’m thinking Chick commutes to Washington D.C. regularly. The guy’s got the blood of a politician.