First Star Wars standalone movie: Rogue One

I really like that idea of getting Ewan McGregor back as Obiwan for a movie. Who’s to say he didn’t leave Tatooine once or twice for a really important reason? Sure, he was hiding out, but he could have stayed entirely in the Outer Rim where there was very little Imperial presence. No idea what the odds of that actually happening might be, but I’d love to see it.

As for James Earl Jones, he’s also doing Mustafa again on the new Lion Guard cartoon, so he’s definitely still doing voice work.

Ahsoka’s great! Definitely my favorite Clone Wars character. I would be a bit surprised to see her in Rogue One, but you never know. I’m not altogether sure the Clone Wars / Star Wars Rebels stories are going to mesh very well with Star Wars IV.

It should. They have excellent writers and they kept it relatively small scale so far.

Spoilers for those who haven’t seen at least the end of Rebels season one

I just don’t see how they can match up having a bunch of active Jedi’s running around in Rebels with Episode IV’s lack of Jedis in the Resistance. Unless they end Rebels with Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka all dead by the last episode, which they certainly could, but that would certainly be a huge downer.

A McGregor desert-Kenobi standalone has to be in the works, it’s a no-brainer. Plus they’ll want to show him finally getting together with Satine of Mandalore so they can be Rey’s grandparents. :)

I’ve been wondering about that. Really all there is to go in is Yoda’s word that Luke was the last of the Jedi, so it’s possible he’s wrong right? Or possibly more likely, that he’s lying? Yoda and Kenobi had no compunction lying about Darth Vader in order to protect and motivate Luke, might have been the same deal, to impress upon him that he was the only one who could face Vader since he’s the only Jedi. I don’t know, just saying that having other random Jedi bouncing around somewhere out there could be justified plot-wise.

I will be very surprised if Disney has any main Rebels content in the movies as anything more than blink-and-miss-it background or cameo stuff.

"includes spoiler for The Force Awakens

They have pointed out that Kanan believes that Ahsoka, Yoda and Ezra are the only other Jedi left and since we are dealing with a Empire on a galactic scale, if that number is true, then Jedi are virtually non existent. Perhaps by the end of Rebels, the survivors, if there are any would have gone into hiding, like General Kenobi. It seems their very presence among Resistance/Rebel forces tends to send up a big old force flare to any darksider, so going into hiding may have been their only option. Even when Luke went into hiding to train new Jedi, the dark side found him and destroyed his efforts.

Guess I should point out that my comments are with no knowledge at all about Rebels, never seen it.

Uh,
For those how haven’t finished Clone Wars

She dies during Clone Wars, so that’s not really possible. I mean, unless it was some sort of prequel to Clone Wars, and Kenobi knocks her up and she gives the child up…and then doesn’t tell the father ever, even when she’s dying in his arms.

OH SHIT I’M ONLY IN SEASON THREE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rogue One teaser hits tomorrow. For whatever reason it’s first on Good Morining America, but I assume will go online after.

Got to keep the Disney/Lucasfilm/ABC synergy rolling.

Saw it on twitter, and can’t link, but god damn that looked awesome. I know they played it extremely safe with VII, but this does NOT look like that at all. Excited!

I refuse to get my hopes up after VII, and the dialogue, “It’s a rebellion, isn’t it? I rebel,” was groan inducing, but the visuals sure were pretty.

That was a lot more intense than I-VII, and captures some of the grittiness and desperation of Rebels.

https://gma.yahoo.com/rogue-one-star-wars-story-first-teaser-trailer-114821410–abc-news-movies.html

That looks amazing. And that Mon Mothma!? Who is that?

Here’s the YouTube version: https://youtu.be/Wji-BZ0oCwg

That is some badass shit right there:

Also, idiots are already sounding off about another female main character for Star Wars!

My eyes cannot roll hard enough.