First Star Wars standalone movie: Rogue One

I prefer it even above episode 6 tbh. Totally agree.

I love this movie, yet I was still disappointed that we didn’t get the story that the teaser and first trailer hinted at. Jyn seemed to be more of a criminal recruited to lead a rag-tag band of mercs in to steal the DS plans. Instead we get the daughter of the Lead Engineer who knows his password (or something, I can’t quite remember).

Teaser

Trailer One

Trailer Two (with the Daddy storyline)

Also, they totally screwed up by not having Chirrut Îmwe fade away when he died. That would have been such a cool moment.

I think you’re right that this movie can both be way better than the rest of the Star Wars movies we’ve gotten in the last 30 years and yet still had ways it could have been significantly better.

So, what you are saying is:

sw

damn straight.

Five years ago? Holy crap does time fly or what.

The film, originally released in 2016 to positive reviews and box office success, grossed $1 million in ticket sales over the weekend, pushing its lifetime IMAX haul to $105 million. Rogue One is now among the top 10 highest-grossing films released in the premium format.

The re-release includes a special preview of Andor

Very cool, and I agree with you this is the best thing they’ve done since the original two trilogies. It’s why I’m excited for Andor. He’s an interesting character I wanted to know more about.

I really liked rogue one.

Agreed that it is the best post-lucas movie. Probably because it gets to de-couple itself from the whole skywalker saga.

Rogue One is better than SW 8 and 9.

It’s better than 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and Solo.

I liked 7.

It’s better than 2, 3, 7, 9.

I enjoyed 7 too, I just think Rogue One is a better film. It’s a fun little self-contained war story with an awesome ending directly linking to episode 4.

^^^^^^ Truth worthy of being carved into stone right here.

You and I have our differences elsewhere on this board, but here we are in 100% agreement.

Again, we all have to acknowledge the correct and proper SW film ranking, which I’ve shared elsewhere before.

1. Return of the Jedi
  2. A New Hope
  3. The Force Awakens
  4. Solo
  5. Revenge of the Sith
  6. Rise of Skywalker
  7. Empire Strikes Back
  8. The Last Jedi
  9. The Phantom Menace
  10. Rogue One
  11. Attack of the Clones

That is, well, that’s an opinion.

;)

Dude what even is this. You just plugged the star wars movies into a RNG.