Fishing Sim World

Yeah they seem to roll out big fixes with dlc, float fishing does really need an overhaul, something i would like to see, love float fishing

Tell me where the largemouth bass are hiding at sunset on Lake Arnold or else…or else…something bad. Etc etc.

I’ve caught a single bass on lake Arnold. I’ve used three different top water lures and still finding any fish much less bass on Lake Arnold is a sumbitch.

I did figure out that you can pause the online tourneys and rejoin at with the same countdown clock. This makes it easier to jump in for a few minutes rather than set aside a full hour to fish.

Here you go. Bass baitcaster rod and reel, 50 lb braided line, and a 5 inch perch swimbait. Caught a bass and then this:

Trophy bluegill. Don’t ask.

Nice! I’ll try and coups that when I get those items. What lake?

That’s Lake Arnold, not sure if it’s DLC or not.

Edit: Of course it is. But the same thing should work on any lake with bluegill in the list. (The in-game gear is cheap, btw, just make sure it says baitcaster on it. The line shouldn’t matter for bluegill either. The Swimbait - Perch is like 3500 points or something.)

Can I ask a few questions that aren’t really explained at all?

• When you see fish on the viewfinder, what direction are they from your boat?
  • How do you know what tension to use when reeling in a fish?
  • How do you know what speed to use when reeling in a fish?
  • How do you know what equipment type to use? Like I just reeled in an 11 lb Walleye, on just a 7 lb line. I thought for heavier fish you need matching lb. line?
  • How do you decide what rod to use?

When you see fish on the viewfinder, what direction are they from your boat? - I have No idea
How do you know what tension to use when reeling in a fish? - That depends on line weight - Normally I keep it in the red but not as high as the flashing indicator at 12. 50lb line it’s low 30’s and 30lb it’s low 20’s. It’s all about keeping it from snapping which is either 12 or at 6 it’s spat the hook out. As high as you can
How do you know what speed to use when reeling in a fish? I always reel in at 5 max speed never needed to change it
How do you know what equipment type to use? Like I just reeled in an 11 lb Walleye, on just a 7 lb line. I thought for heavier fish you need matching lb. line? Not really it’s about line tension. In real life I use 15lb line and have the drag set to around 10lb as soon as they take more pressue than that then line gives out to prevent snapping. The game works in the same way. If you had the line tension too high it would just snap just like real life.
How do you decide what rod to use? In coarse longer rods cast further, never bothered changing in Bass all seem to work similar. To be fair a rod is a rod it’s the other parts that make the difference, correct bait, hook set up and location.

Use as big a line as you have, in real fishing bigger line can be seen easier and scares fish away not seen that in this game yet

Cool thanks!

The fish finder is the worst. As far as I can tell it shows you what’s under your boat.

I sort of use the finder when moving to see if I’m passing over fish and then stop. But I seem to always see fish when I’m moving so I don’t rely on this too much. When fishing I just sort of keep an eye on it to see if any fish are in the area. If I’m fishing for a few minutes and don’t see anything on the finder and haven’t gotten a strike I move.

Regarding string. I wondered if thicker string spooked fish but I guess not. I don’t know if the color matters or not. I seem to be having more luck with green or yellow line than purple. But it’s hard to say.

For starting I’d buy one of the top water spinners. You don’t have to worry about slight jerks to the rod to get it to do it’s thjng like you do a popper. And I’ve had better luck with them on the surface anyway. Like the string, I’m not sure how much difference the colors make.

Figure out line is actually important somewhat. If you’re bass fishing you don’t want braided line, you want the clear monofilament. It seems to affect their willingness to bite. It also seems like the big pike and such stay away from it.

I’d much rather they made baits that say ‘use this for bass’ actually work and catch only bass. But what do I know?

Anyway this week, sitting pretty in the tournaments. 10th in bass, 3rd in carp, 9th in predator and I don’t bother with match, because I can’t catch 50 fish in an hour with one rod in hand.

Ohh, nice! I’m around 40th I think in the bass tourney. I only have two boated though. I keep getting walleye and even huge pike on Lake Arnold. I’ve had a few large bass that I couldn’t land that would have helped. It’s pretty cool that now I can generally tell what kind of fish I have on the line by the way it fights. I’ll check my lines to see if they’re braided. I don’t think they are, but I could be mistaken. Thx.

I started catching them with a spinning rod/reel, the clear monofilament line (I forget the lb, 25 maybe?) and swapping between the 5 inch Swimbait-Perch and the Green/Yellow Frog.

Nice fish, great level, you musthave played a fair bit :)

34 hours of trial and error before I started figuring things out.

Crikey, 10th in the bass tourney, 3rd in carp, 9th in predator gave me something like 12k XP and 55,000 shopping points. I’m off to buy the few things I don’t own.

So is tourney the best way to get points? I need a bunch to buy stuff as I have none.

I’d say to start out, do the single player tourneys. The carp ones are easiest. Get enough points to buy the Sniper X rod, the Sniper X reel, the 50 lb black braid line and the 20 size Pop Up Tiger Nuts and continue to work the single player carp tournaments with that load out. You can easily get the trophy carp with those. I also play the online tournament with that setup. (Almost won it this week, was one trophy catch short.)

But really single player tournaments are probably faster points than anything else. Online tournaments are a week long and you can play the SP ones over and over again.

Awesome thank you for this! Going to go do that now.